Steam not responding on Windows 11

Everytime I open Steam on win11 it starts update check, tries to sing in into my account and then gets stuck there. I've run Steam on win11 for almost a month with no issues, and I haven't done any changes to the operating system in general. My PC is well over the recommended specs for steam and I've run thought antivirus checks, commands like sfc /scannow reported no corrupted files. I really don't know, all other applications work flawlessly and all other game launchers didn't fail to work.

If that might help, PC specs:

Ryzen 5-3600 stock

16gb ddr4 ram

rx470 4gb

Windows 11 64bit

Thanks for the help in advice

17 hours ago, emosun said:

Does it work on windows 10

It has always worked on Windows 10 with the same exact pc

3 hours ago, FelixSpacito said:

It has always worked on Windows 10 with the same exact pc

Oh ok. In that case switch it back to windows 10 and wait a few months before trying 11 again. 11 really isnt known for being in a very useable state and much like any os that been recently released tends to be far worse with errors and compatibility. The windows 10 version of steam will be far more supported in bug fixes for quite a while.

22 hours ago, FelixSpacito said:

Everytime I open Steam on win11 it starts update check, tries to sing in into my account and then gets stuck there. I've run Steam on win11 for almost a month with no issues, and I haven't done any changes to the operating system in general. My PC is well over the recommended specs for steam and I've run thought antivirus checks, commands like sfc /scannow reported no corrupted files. I really don't know, all other applications work flawlessly and all other game launchers didn't fail to work.

If that might help, PC specs:

Ryzen 5-3600 stock

16gb ddr4 ram

rx470 4gb

Windows 11 64bit

Thanks for the help in advice

Have you tried reinstalling Steam? A messed up update could've corrupted something in the files.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.