IKEA makes Gaming Furniture??

AlexTheGreatish
26 minutes ago, comander said:

I like that IKEA is actually talking about ergonomics. I haven't evaluated their chairs but there's a non trivial number of people out there killing their backs. 

Yeah I saw 3 of my friends go down the gaming chair route in their late teens and they've all ditched their racing gaming chairs for years now. They are comfy for a while until the backpain starts. At least the ikea ergo chair is actually pretty darn good. Just not as breathing as a mesh one but then again they have options for that too.

I don't like the less checked and validated stuff from IKEA, as sometimes they mess up the item or way too many imperfections were the cost and timed used gets too high. But they do sometimes have some neat stuff, and its great to see that. just wish the quality was sometimes just a tab bit better.

Also like the less "gamery" Ikea stuff, not sure about price and how it's marketed (some weird names on those gamery focused from IKEA tho). But looks decent for being gamer focused. Hopefully less BS included.

7 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

I don't like the less checked and validated stuff from IKEA, as sometimes they mess up the item or way too many imperfections were the cost and timed used gets too high. But they do sometimes have some neat stuff, and its great to see that. just wish the quality was sometimes just a tab bit better.

Also like the less "gamery" Ikea stuff, not sure about price and how it's marketed (some weird names on those gamery focused from IKEA tho). But looks decent for being gamer focused. Hopefully less BS included.

Ikea is best seen as start furniture. It gets the job done for a while and that is good enough. Then depending on where life goes you start moving away and if lucky find a forever or very long term home. That's the moment you start getting the long term furniture.

I'm in that middle phase right now and replacing my old ikea stuff that is too damaged or flat out broken with some higher quality furniture. But I'm not shying away from ikea as for all those small knickknacks and such they are still king. From this video alone I'd love that shelf and the pc roller as those look perfect to me and don't need to be high quality as they will be rarely interacted with items.

As a Swedish person, hearing all these mangled pronunciations was hilarious!

The Swedish in the intro is grammatically correct, but it's not idiomatically correct. Something more like "Res er upp! Bli en del av republiken!" would be better. "Stig upp" is an old-fashioned way of saying "get out of bed". And "gå med i republiken" mostly conveys a sense of something mundane, like joining a book club, more than becoming a part of a revolution...

Still, not a bad effort. It could've been worse! 😄

MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master | CPU: AMD Ryzen R9 3900X | CPU cooler: Corsair iCue H150i RGB PRO XT | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 CL18 LPX | GPU: Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity OC + Palit RTX 2080 Ti GamingPro OC | SSD: 2 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB NVMe + Kingston A400 480 GB + Samsung QVO860 1 TB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000 W Gold | Case: be quiet! Silent Base 801 | Displays: BenQ PD3200U @ 3840x2160 + ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ @ 2560x1440 | Keyboard: Corsair K68 RGB Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2S

I wish I could get that stuff.

too bad that the nearest ikea is 4 hours east and 4 hours west

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Did you notice Linus is wearing a Squarespace shirt...but the video was sponsored by Eaton.

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

There's quite a range of quality/usefulness in those items. Interested in the LED strips - are they good value (ie. not expecting to be the best, but good for the price?) and which model are they - didn't see them on Ikea's site under the ROG collab...

50 minutes ago, adammw said:

There's quite a range of quality/usefulness in those items. Interested in the LED strips - are they good value (ie. not expecting to be the best, but good for the price?) and which model are they - didn't see them on Ikea's site under the ROG collab...

I think it's just the LEDBERG 5M LED strip.

https://www.ikea.com/au/en/p/ledberg-led-lighting-strip-flexible-multicolour-50359713/

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

18 hours ago, jaslion said:

racing gaming chairs for years now. They are comfy for a while until the backpain starts.

Why would you get back pain from something like the secret lab Titan? Looks like it has all the ergo stuff you'd need.

All this stuff from IKEA looks amazing, but I'd have to get rid of all my current furniture to make any of it work, since my current furniture isn't black.

15 minutes ago, Bramimond said:

Why would you get back pain from something like the secret lab Titan? Looks like it has all the ergo stuff you'd need.

All this stuff from IKEA looks amazing, but I'd have to get rid of all my current furniture to make any of it work, since my current furniture isn't black.

The secret lab titan claims and looks like it somewhat alleviates the issues but they are still there. So it's not a solution. Your back isn't naturally straight and this chair's support is basically a slightly slanted back angle straight piece of foam.

I havnt used a 'desk' setup in over 15 years, i dont think I could ever go back to one.

A recliner is sooo much more comfortable especially for long durations.

So long as you choose your recliner correctly (low wide arms) you can easily place a keyboard on the arm going onto your thigh, and a simple solid surface the size of a mousepad can go on the other side. Or you can have a single piece that sit across you for both keyboard and mouse.

if you ok with wireless peripherals you dont have to worry about wires but if u like me and prefer wired, you can just route your cable somewhere out of the way.

View distance isnt a problem nowadays with large displays easily obtainable, be it a 32" Monitor or a more reasonable 37"-48" TV.

Even the total space used up isnt any/much more than a normal desk setup, as you no longer need a deep desk, just something deep enough to hold the display (a solid shelf or shallow set of cupboard/draws), or wall mount it and have nothing in front of you, allowing you to move the recliner as close to the wall as your reclined self allows.

I just compared my recliner setup to a more traditional desktop setup we have in the back room and the distance from the wall to the back of the respective chairs isnt much different. 140cm vs 180cm. Thats taking to account that I have my display ontop of a set up cupboards, if the cupboards were not there I'd easily be within you regular desktop space usage.

if a person is setting up a gaming station, one that isnt going to be used for work, i think more people should consider recliner setups.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Can't see the vid at work.  Am I to assume that:

-I have to put everything together myself, including soldering pieces as required?

-The case is entirely made of particleboard/pressboard?

23 hours ago, comander said:

I like that IKEA is actually talking about ergonomics. I haven't evaluated their chairs but there's a non trivial number of people out there killing their backs. 

Their chairs arent THE worst out there, but they definitely are nowhere near close to an ergonomic Chair.
If you have the money to spend, get something like an Ergochair Pro from Autonomous. You dont have to spend +1k for something like herman miller to get something good.

I am surprised at how well built most of the gaming lineup seems quality wise

I like custom keyboards
Keyboard: IDOBAO ID80 V2 ISO White, 3203 lubed Glorious Pandas, Durock v2 stabs lubed and holee modded, Tai Hao Bright Miami PBT keycaps
Laptop: HP Spectre Pro x360 G2 (i5-6200U, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SATA M2)

Tablet: iPad 8th gen 128GB + Apple Pen
My PC:
Corsair 5000D Airflow White
ASRock x570 Taichi
Ryzen 9 3900X stock
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
4x8GB Patriot Viper RGB White 3200Mhz CL16
ASUS TUF 3070 V2 OC LHR
Intel 600p 1TB NVME (GAME DRIVE)
Silicon Power A80 1TB NVME (GAME DRIVE)
Sabrent Rocket Gen3 1TB NVME (OS DRIVE)
2x640GB WD Caviar Blue 7200rpm (manufactured Nov2008)
3x Arctic P12 White

3x Arctic P12 ARGB

4x LianLi Unifans 120
BeQuiet! StraightPower11 850W 80+ Gold
Windows 11 Insider Build, Zorin OS in dual boot config

yeah the heck i love this gaming setup.... better ikea come to India>>>   thats it

6 hours ago, jaslion said:

The secret lab titan claims and looks like it somewhat alleviates the issues but they are still there. So it's not a solution. Your back isn't naturally straight and this chair's support is basically a slightly slanted back angle straight piece of foam.

Are there any other options if you want a chair with a head rest? My back plus head are about 100cm and the Titan barely qualifies as an option for me, so I'll probably be getting one soon.

My last vacation was a road trip, where I'd be sitting in a car for 14h to 16h every day and the car seat was extremely comfortable. Now I want a head rest for my office chair, too. But unfortunately, most chairs are kinda designed for people that aren't as tall as me when sitting. 

1 hour ago, Bramimond said:

Are there any other options if you want a chair with a head rest? My back plus head are about 100cm and the Titan barely qualifies as an option for me, so I'll probably be getting one soon.

Yeah the ikea chair with headrest for example.

1 hour ago, Bramimond said:

My last vacation was a road trip, where I'd be sitting in a car for 14h to 16h every day and the car seat was extremely comfortable. Now I want a head rest for my office chair, too. But unfortunately, most chairs are kinda designed for people that aren't as tall as me when sitting. 

They are comfortable BUT in a car you sit a lot differently compared to a desk and that is why those car desk chairs are bad for your back. A carseat is supposed to lock you in place and keep you sucked in to it. That is also thought about and the chairs are built around providing the best comfort and ergonomics whilst driving a car. All that is just gone when sitting in a desk version.

Yes they will be comfortable for a while but it's the later pain that is the issue.

I'm surprised everything wasn't linked individually.  Is this stuff even available yet?  What desk is that?    I'm definitely looking for a new desk.  Wifey got me a a desk a couple years ago but its glass.  It drives me crazy.

11 hours ago, jaslion said:

Yeah the ikea chair with headrest for example.

They are comfortable BUT in a car you sit a lot differently compared to a desk and that is why those car desk chairs are bad for your back. A carseat is supposed to lock you in place and keep you sucked in to it. That is also thought about and the chairs are built around providing the best comfort and ergonomics whilst driving a car. All that is just gone when sitting in a desk version.

Yes they will be comfortable for a while but it's the later pain that is the issue.

The ikea chair headrest only goes up to my back, though. I bought such a type years ago, but it's too small for me. Moving the backrest doesn't work, since then the lumbar support is too high up. 

I'm also rarely sitting straight at my desk, mostly I sit like I would in a car seat, so I thought this type of chair would make sense. 

If only i hadnt gotten a 3x monitor arozzi table.. I would actually like an ikea gaming table they recently setup in Kristiansand in norway 🙂

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

17 hours ago, comander said:

It was a superficial assessment but Alex did compare the chair in the video to his own, which cost several times more. "Not bad" is a good initial impression. 
The only issue with chairs is that it's hard to assess a multi-year product in a multi-second period. 

True. That's always hard to tell.

(blame my dad for being an ergonomics fanatic) but judging on first look, its not a chair you want to spend hours in on a daily basis. Its not bad by any means, but it lacks the lumbar support, the fine tuning and such most ergonomic chairs possess.

I wouldnt wanna sit on it for 8 hours a day in home office or at work, but for gaming sessions from time to time, its definitely fine 🙂
I am just in the camp of "I rather pay for a ~500 or more for an ergochair, then thousands worth of physiotherapy and treatment for my back issues"

Also: Friendly reminder to get up and stretch ❤️ 

I like custom keyboards
Keyboard: IDOBAO ID80 V2 ISO White, 3203 lubed Glorious Pandas, Durock v2 stabs lubed and holee modded, Tai Hao Bright Miami PBT keycaps
Laptop: HP Spectre Pro x360 G2 (i5-6200U, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SATA M2)

Tablet: iPad 8th gen 128GB + Apple Pen
My PC:
Corsair 5000D Airflow White
ASRock x570 Taichi
Ryzen 9 3900X stock
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
4x8GB Patriot Viper RGB White 3200Mhz CL16
ASUS TUF 3070 V2 OC LHR
Intel 600p 1TB NVME (GAME DRIVE)
Silicon Power A80 1TB NVME (GAME DRIVE)
Sabrent Rocket Gen3 1TB NVME (OS DRIVE)
2x640GB WD Caviar Blue 7200rpm (manufactured Nov2008)
3x Arctic P12 White

3x Arctic P12 ARGB

4x LianLi Unifans 120
BeQuiet! StraightPower11 850W 80+ Gold
Windows 11 Insider Build, Zorin OS in dual boot config

1 hour ago, MultiGamerClub said:

If only i hadnt gotten a 3x monitor arozzi table.. I would actually like an ikea gaming table they recently setup in Kristiansand in norway 🙂

arozzi to me is kinda worse, but with "better materials". at least their table doesn't flop around with some weight on it, but design has me a bit floored like if they never tested it out. and cleaning some of the products are quite a bit more horrible than these IKEA products to clean and in "small" design choices. Were some if it's design just becomes a drawback in general user management.

I wanted the standing desk but in Japan it’s like the equivalent of 800 USD. Little too much for me. 

honestly I think their cup holder/cup combo is the most attractive piece in this whole set. It’s just a really nice looking cup holder. 

What is the name of the floor mat? I can't seem to find it online.