GTX 680 Classified Hydro Copper blocks on 770 classified?

Iamjohn

Been digging around again wanting to upgrade my system some, but can't reasonably get a new card so I'm curious if anyone has or might know where a used GTX 770 Classified Hydro Copper or GTX 680 Classified Hydro Copper block might be found (I've got one, but need a second for my SLI setup). I've checked Ebay and Facebook but no luck there. It seems they would fit my 770 classifieds so it might be fun to play around with. If anyone has had any experience that info would be awesome also.

Thanks everyone.

The 680 blocks will not work on the 770's as the PCB layout is different.

Here's the 680:

Spoiler

342-pcb-front.jpg

And here's the 770:

Spoiler

1856-pcb-front.jpg

The GPU/VRAM area looks to be the same, but the VRM/power connector area is quite different.

elephants

I do hope you realize that sli has been officially killed off for a while now and nothing new supports it anymore.

That and the hardware you are running also lost driver support and even with perfect scaling it's performance is quite low + 2gb of vram is just not enough.

As for if the blocks fit entirely depends since the 770 is a 680 basically it depends on how the board is made. Since by default the boards are entirely different.

You can also just get a block for the 770 as there are multiple options.

However used watercooling stuff rarely gets sold so basically you need to keep looking and have patience here.

On 10/25/2021 at 9:42 AM, FakeKGB said:

The 680 blocks will not work on the 770's as the PCB layout is different.

Here's the 680:

Hide contents

342-pcb-front.jpg

And here's the 770:

Hide contents

1856-pcb-front.jpg

The GPU/VRAM area looks to be the same, but the VRM/power connector area is quite different.

I believe those are the standard pcbs, the cards I have are EVGA Classified, and from what I've done looking up the Classified 680 and 770 have the same boards. I still haven't bothered mounting the single one I have yet because it seems pointless until I would have two of them to even build the rest of the system.

On 10/25/2021 at 9:44 AM, jaslion said:

I do hope you realize that sli has been officially killed off for a while now and nothing new supports it anymore.

That and the hardware you are running also lost driver support and even with perfect scaling it's performance is quite low + 2gb of vram is just not enough.

As for if the blocks fit entirely depends since the 770 is a 680 basically it depends on how the board is made. Since by default the boards are entirely different.

You can also just get a block for the 770 as there are multiple options.

However used watercooling stuff rarely gets sold so basically you need to keep looking and have patience here.

First off yes I understand that SLI isn't used in basically anything new, that neither changes my situation or effects the outrageous cost of cards right now, so I'm still working with what I'm working with. And my system works quite well all being said with the titles I do play even if SLI doesn't help much. So yeah I'm not trying to put together an SLI system for no reason its just what I've had for a few years now and am trying to make it a little better in this insane parts market we have right now.

And while I would love to commend you on taking the time to write a response, you didn't take the time to understand the cards I am talking about. The cards I have are EVGA 770 Classifieds, they are 4gb cards, and the reason I bothered asking was because from what I've found online the EVGA 680 Classified and EVGA 770 Classified have the same boards so the Hydro Copper water blocks should fit.

As for "You can also just get a block for the 770", no you can't, at least not for the Classified version because they didn't make one officially for the 770 besides the Hydro copper one. I've looked. You can do something with the aftermarket brackets that use CPU water coolers, but my MB doesn't really have the space to do that very well and it would be a complicated mess I feel so I'd rather stick to using the official blocks if I can find another one.

Small update, I decided to at least upgrade the fans a little if I'm not able to find a water block for a while. And they are running a little cooler. When its a decent day out I need to take the whole computer out and give it a good blow down though to get some dust out.

PXL_20211030_220228973.jpg

PXL_20211030_221701921.jpg

PXL_20211031_003941083.jpg

PXL_20211031_005401874.jpg