Cheap T3 EGPU Dock solution?

SentryCod

Hey everyone, I'm new here and was wondering if I could get some help.
I have a hp zbook studio G3. Comes with Nvidia 1000m. So pretty bad.
I want to use an EGPU set up via T3 connection.
Is there an avenue where I don't have to sell my parents to get it set up?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!  I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 and it has TB3, so I wanted a cheap solution myself.  I used an external TB3 to NVME adapter - WAVLINK Thunderbolt 3 to PCIE NVMe M.2 Portable External SSD Enclosure - and a NVME to PCI-E x4 adapter - M.2 NGFF NVMe Key M to PCIe 3.0 X4 Extension Cable (180° PCI-E Slot), from Amazon which cost $79.99 and $14.69 respectively. I then had to cobble together a power adapter ( I purchased a 12v - 10a ( 120w ) which I modified to power a 4 pin floppy connector and a 6/8 pin PCI-E connector. So, it works fine with 100w GPUs, like my GTX 1650 and RX 5300 - yeah, I got an RX 5300 3gb off of eBay before the GPU shortage/price hike.

The - M.2 NGFF NVMe Key M to PCIe 3.0 X4 Extension Cable (180° PCI-E Slot) - can also be used with laptops/minis that have a free NVME M.2 slot ( I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G1 and used one so that I could add an external GPU ).

I have a tablet PC ( the Acer Switch Alpha 12 and used an EXP GDC Beast to add eGPU with a GT 1030 ( 30w ), which can be powered by a 12v 3a ( 36w ) rechargeable power supply.  Fun, fun, fun.

I forgot that I also have a Dell XPS 18 that I added a EXP GDC Beast to with a Nvidia Quadro k1200, and I have also used both the Beast and a Mini PCI-E mining riser to experiment with adding an eGPU to my Lenovo Ideacentre Horizon 27".

Edited by RedundantOne
Added some more info.