Walmart being shady

Helpful Tech Witch

About a week ago, on sunday the 17th, I ordered a Ryzen 3 3100 from walmart.com, shipped and sold by walmart. It was quoted to arive by wednesday the 20th, in that exact wording BY the 20th.

On tuesday evening, it was switched from processing to Delayed in tracking. As of that morning, it was still instock at the same listing. 

On friday morning, I was able to call walmart, and they said they were out of stock for that product and would have more to know in the next 10 days. 

This is incridibly shady of Walmart, in my opinion. They kept the listing up and marked as in stock for it in atleast 1 and a half days, while being unable to fullfill prior orders, while requiring my to call them to find out why there were no updates on the delayed status. 

What do you think? Am I just overreacting to a random thing or is is shady?

As of now its still delayed, no updates besides bassically 'Welp we sold you something that doesnt exist, whoops!' over the phone 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I've been waiting on Walmart to ship my PS5 that I ordered on August 5th. Meanwhile people who've ordered in late September have received theirs already. Customer support has made numerous promises to have it shipped "this week" or "tomorrow" with no follow through.

The only thing they have actually done right is offer me a $100 credit off the price as an apology for the broken promises. Still frustrating as I am waiting for them and reluctant to order from elsewhere in the meantime.

40 minutes ago, lillypond said:

I've been waiting on Walmart to ship my PS5 that I ordered on August 5th. Meanwhile people who've ordered in late September have received theirs already. Customer support has made numerous promises to have it shipped "this week" or "tomorrow" with no follow through.

The only thing they have actually done right is offer me a $100 credit off the price as an apology for the broken promises. Still frustrating as I am waiting for them and reluctant to order from elsewhere in the meantime.

Hm... If they offer me a 100$ credit for the cpu id be fine with that lol

Itd cost 25$ after it

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Hm... If they offer me a 100$ credit for the cpu id be fine with that lol

Itd cost 25$ after it

Yeah they did it by percentages 10% when I complained when it was a week late and another 10% when it was 6 weeks late.

Not shady..just different computer systems not talking to each other.   It's very common for the website to think local stores have stock of something when they don't, because it's not real time inventory, and I'd bet it's the same with whatever warehouse the mail order system uses.

It's Walmart...Hanlon's Razor applies.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

14 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Am I just overreacting to a random thing or is is shady?

I worked in retail and I work as a Picker / Packer in a Warehouse. Inventory is NEVER 100% spot on. So my guess is they thought they had something that they didnt. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

I worked in retail and I work as a Picker / Packer in a Warehouse. Inventory is NEVER 100% spot on. So my guess is they thought they had something that they didnt. 

Thats what id expect two, but what struck me as weird was that they kept the listing up for a couple mroe days and instock, its not like they had one or two less than the their system had

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Thats what id expect two, but what struck me as weird was that they kept the listing up for a couple mroe days and instock, its not like they had one or two less than the their system had

We have sent in counts of zero or less than our home office expected us to have and it has taken them forever to change thing as well. Hell we have customer service agents try to put orders in for shit we dont have or we dont have the quantity. Shit happens. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Typical Walmart. 

They want your money, so they say it's in stock so you don't buy it from someone else (e.g. Amazon).

On 10/23/2021 at 6:39 PM, lillypond said:

I've been waiting on Walmart to ship my PS5 that I ordered on August 5th...

Don't you watch Linus Tech Tips? In the video below, he explains briefly in the beginning that PS5s are in short stock.

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

Walmart is one of those places I shop at, as a last resort. I think they were the best website to get a current gen console earlier this year, and that was about it (I knew going in that shipping might have been abysmal, but thankfully it wasn't in my case). They rarely have exclusive Funko's that I want either tbh.

OP, I do think you may be overreacting by a bit. However, if you have a choice to cancel it and order it elsewhere, you may need to do that. It depends on if they said the processor was on backorder. It is a 3100, so it's not even current anymore. If it is on backorder, then I would recommend cancelling it. You would be better off spending a bit more for a 5600G anyways.

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

1 hour ago, GeorgeMKane said:

OP, I do think you may be overreacting by a bit. However, if you have a choice to cancel it and order it elsewhere, you may need to do that. It depends on if they said the processor was on backorder. It is a 3100, so it's not even current anymore. If it is on backorder, then I would recommend cancelling it. You would be better off spending a bit more for a 5600G anyways.

The 3100 is far and away the best value amd processor if you can get it for anywhere near MSRP.

in my case, i spent 130$ on it. The next cheapest way to get one is nearly 3x that amount

a 5600g would be over 2x what I paired for that 3100 after tax. Plus, the 3100 is like 70% faster than the 3000g I was about to buy for most games. If there was a low end 5000 part I’d get it

1 hour ago, Brian McKee said:

Happens all the time with Amazon too. This isn't shady it's just how logistics is sometimes..

Huh, out of the several times I’ve ordered shit from Amazon and the hundreds of times my parents have, it’s never happened

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Correction: There was a misconmunication,

3100 should arve at a wearhouse is 3-5 days and should have quick shipping from there

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Heck, I'll shop at wal-mart before I shop amazon.  Amazon is amazingly shady on some things.  At least they aren't taking 2 weeks to package your order for shipment for non-prime--that was definitely a thing circa 2015 or so.

But yeah, these places are a last resort for me.