Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows reinstall redirecting to startup repair

I've been recently getting a green screen of death. I was in the Windows Insider program so I had Windows 11. I've been attempting to freshly reinstall my windows, but it always redirects me to the blue startup repair screen when it's partially through. I've tried both the cloud reinstall options and the local reinstall one, but nothing seems to work. My hard drive is fine because I managed to open file explorer through command prompt and backup a lot of my files on external drives in case things went wrong. Does anyone know what might be wrong? It keeps redirecting me to the screen in the image.

 

CPU: Intel i3-8100

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

PSU: Seasonic s12ii 520W Bronze

Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M-DS3H

PXL_20211021_021807848.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to make sure, are you trying to install from a USB made through the Media Creation Tool or something similar like Rufus?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Just to make sure, are you trying to install from a USB made through the Media Creation Tool or something similar like Rufus?

No. I've been using the "cloud reinstall" where it downloads windows online and then installs it. I attempted the local one because I thought that since the download finished for the cloud one before the process terminated, maybe the local reinstall could find the downloaded file and use that to install. Do I have to do it with a USB?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zuhair Ishraque said:

No. I've been using the "cloud reinstall" where it downloads windows online and then installs it. I attempted the local one because I thought that since the download finished for the cloud one before the process terminated, maybe the local reinstall could find the downloaded file and use that to install. Do I have to do it with a USB?

I have no idea what "cloud install" you are talking about.

Just download the windows media creation tool and make a install usb from it,

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zuhair Ishraque said:

No. I've been using the "cloud reinstall" where it downloads windows online and then installs it. I attempted the local one because I thought that since the download finished for the cloud one before the process terminated, maybe the local reinstall could find the downloaded file and use that to install. Do I have to do it with a USB?

Make a bootable USB and install windows that way. The cloud installs, factory resets, and all other ways Windows reverts itself to a "fresh Windows copy" generally don't work or have some issues with it (in my experience that is). The only way that you know (probably) won't have issues is to format and reinstall, through making a bootable USB, booting into it, and following the steps of the installer to get it working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Make a bootable USB and install windows that way. The cloud installs, factory resets, and all other ways Windows reverts itself to a "fresh Windows copy" generally don't work or have some issues with it (in my experience that is). The only way that you know (probably) won't have issues is to format and reinstall, through making a bootable USB, booting into it, and following the steps of the installer to get it working.

Okay I'll do this method and update here on what happens. Thanks for the advice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×