Running CoD Mobile on Linux - Has someone actually managed to do this?

I've been requested by my boys to see if we can load Call of Duty Mobile on the PC. 

Googling didn't provide any information on how to achieve this, with a couple sites and forums noting that it should be possible.

I know there are a couple of windows emulators/simulators out there, but has someone actually managed to run COD Mobile on Linux, preferably Mint or Ubuntu?  My home has been Microsoft free for the last 15 years, and I'm not going back to the dark side...

I was thinking to install an Andorid OS in a Virtual Box for safety as it appears as if most of these are a bit shady... (Android x86 vs PrimeOS vs Phoenix OS vs Bliss)

Another seems to recommend Anbox to run them directly in the Anbox container on Linux, but some reviews indicate that it won't work with games.

Also, was thinking  a bit and will try ChromeOS (https://www.neverware.com/), so that might be a better option for security if it will run CoD Mobile.

Another is to try and get the Windows emulator running via Wine/Proton, but that seems to be a recipe to install malware, and would really be my last choice.  (Gameloop)

Then there is Android Studio, but seem like this will also not be able to run games.

Ideally one day LTT and Anthony will make a video about this, but in the mean time any assistance in this regard would be appreciated.

BTW:  I'm running Linux Mint 20.2 on a old 3820 workhorse, GTX1070, 64GBram and a couple TB's on ZFS1

google play says it is not compatible with my chromebook or my phone so it must have high graphics hardware requirements. All the solutions you proposed will likely not have the drivers to match your GPU to the android system the game runs on. Virtualizing without GPU pass through gives terrible performance even for simple video play.

this is a fairly high performance emulator that works on Linux and the free version has everything you need, you can give it a try: https://www.genymotion.com/

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I have a feeling that you could use the android_x86 iso in qemu/kvm and single gpu vfio, that might get play store working with some decent performance 

You can use Anbox to run Android apps as well. Doesn’t require any hardware virtualization either. No idea how it might play with any anticheat they may have. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 12:41 PM, Sauron said:

this is a fairly high performance emulator that works on Linux and the free version has everything you need, you can give it a try: https://www.genymotion.com/

Unfortunately it appears as if CoD mobile isn't available on this device....

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an older thread, but I too have recently been looking for a way to do this. More of for testing purposes. I run it via GameLoop in Win 11 on my custom prebuilt, and my CPU really struggles with it. CPU load seems to be generally lower running Linux Mint 21.1, which is very characteristic of Linux I have come to discover. Thing is, while an android os emulator is great, do any of them come with the kbm controller emulator built in for games like GameLoop and Bluestacks bot have? Most of the apps to do it that work good, either require it be a Bluetooth kb&m, or are paid apps. Money's tight, so I'm not interested in buying apps for this, especially if it ends up not working well.

But for the OP, if not for not wanting to run Windows, you'd have it made with GameLoop, as it's made by the devs of both CoD Mobile and PUBG Mobile specifically for these two games, and if you've got more than a basic CPU, it should run quite well.

For reference, system specs below:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H V2 (Rev 1.1)

RAM: 16 GB DDR4

CPU: AMD Athlon x4 950; 4/4 @ 3.50 GHz

GPU: Radeon RX 550 4 GB (GDDR5) Core 1.18 GHz, VRAM 1.5 GHz

Storage: 1x TEAM 512 GB SATA III SSD, 1x Acer 480 GB SATA III SSD, 1x WD 80 GB SATA HDD

Power: 500 W nondescript/no brand name or logo (Case that's safe...)