League of Legends d3dx9_39.dll missing

Zethlon
Go to solution Solved by Zethlon,

Solved it! unplugged the harddrives i was trying to install the game on, reset my pc to fresh, installed the game before replugging the harddrives back into the system.

Hello smart people.

League of legends wont launch because it says its missing d3dx9_39.dll. This happened after I did a reset of my pc, because I wanted to clear up my Boot SSD. I have two internal HDD, 1TB and 3TB which holds all of my games, programs and larger files, but inevitably the SSD still filled up to much for comfort. I unplugged the HDD's, which perhaps isn't the smartest, but I wanted to preserve the data on them and just clear the SSD. When I was done with the reset and plugged my harddrives back in and tried to launch League of legends, it wouldn't open the game. The client yes but not the game, where it would give me this error. I searched and found it to be a directx9 corruption, so I reinstalled Directx9 as some troubleshooting guides told me to, turned my pc off and on again, open the game as administrator, still nothing. So I reinstalled the game, still no dice. Updated graphics driver to newest version, nothing. Reinstalled the game again, nada. Found the missing dll file directly and inserted them into my sys32 folder. Nothing has worked and I have not been able to find any further trouble shooting steps, so I hope maybe someone here has any idea of what I could do.

specs:
MB: MSI z170a m5 gaming
Graphics card: Gigabyte gtx970 g1 gaming
Processor: Intel 6600K
Ram: 16GB Hyperx 3200 mhz

Thanks in advance to anyone who took the time to read

It's a directx issue. I'd to a complete reinstall of the GPU drivers. With DDU utility. See if that fixes it. 

It doesn't only uninstall the drivers, it completely purges them. And then you reinstall from scratch. 

33 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

It's a directx issue. I'd to a complete reinstall of the GPU drivers. With DDU utility. See if that fixes it. 

It doesn't only uninstall the drivers, it completely purges them. And then you reinstall from scratch. 

I removed the driver with 3dguru DDU, and then reinstalled with the newest from nvidia's website. Still no dice unfortunately. But thank you 

1 minute ago, Zethlon said:

I removed the driver with 3dguru DDU, and then reinstalled with the newest from nvidia's website. Still no dice unfortunately. But thank you 

Sorry to hear that. I've had similar issues in the past, but I don't remember how I solved them. I think it had something to do with manually ingesting missing files into correct directories, but I can't say on top of my mind how it was done. I hope you get it fixed in a reasonable amount of time. These things are so toxic to fix.. I feel your pain 

2 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Sorry to hear that. I've had similar issues in the past, but I don't remember how I solved them. I think it had something to do with manually ingesting missing files into correct directories, but I can't say on top of my mind how it was done. I hope you get it fixed in a reasonable amount of time. These things are so toxic to fix.. I feel your pain 

Thanks. I just dont know how to proceed. I did try and put the .dll file in the directory other troubleshooting guides said, but yea it didnt work.

Solved it! unplugged the harddrives i was trying to install the game on, reset my pc to fresh, installed the game before replugging the harddrives back into the system.