Offcial Win7, 10, 11 Key Pressing Action?

Required

Hi

Sry I dont know how to describe it easy so I try my best. The most People know when the press some "special Key" on there Keyboard like Vol Up, Down, E-Mail, Browser,... something happen in Windows mostly that what the Person intend to do like open the Webbrowser...

So I got a Keboard who is produced by a German Company who is 100% Programmable with there Software. Well the are not that user friendly as it seem.

What I looking for is a Information how to tell Windows when I push a Button that Win should for example open a Software, Vol Up,...

Is there an offical Information who company like Logitech get the Information how to do that?

Thanks

From AT. :x

That's going to depend on the software made for your keyboard.

Each company has their own, and it's not a simple "windows feature" Generally.

How does Logitech on there Keyboard that you can push the Mute Button and Windows get silent without any additional Software?
Is there something in the HID Driver?

The media keys etc are all standardized in the HID spec.

The software for your keyboard should have a category like "OS commands" or "media" that would include those. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

To add, Logitech keyboard also has additional non standard keys, they only work with Logitech software who has the capability to capture it. IIRC, Logitech uses their HID++ 2.0 protocol. It's not standard, as mentioned, and to my knowledge, only Logitech software can process it. They designed it in such a way that it act as an add-on, so that the keyboard works without the company software

But here is the full list of standard keys supported by Windows:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/inputdev/virtual-key-codes

Thanks I will research what kind of Keys the Software will use.