should i still update to windows 11?

ItsJacob

i have a dell xps 13 9360 from a few years ago, the pc health check says i have everything except a supported processor, but i still want to update to windows 11. if i do will i get any updates at all or just nothing ever again, ive heard a few different things with getting updates or not so im just asking.  if i do upgrade and dont get updates how bad is that actually going to be, i mainly use this laptop for watching netflix, web browsing and some games when im out and about, so not my main computer but i still use it to do most of the same things but not as much. it just sucks that its only the cpu thats stopping me, do you think that microsoft will eventually support some older 7th gen cpus?

image.png.927e7e6f5e53b311a98caf0a745be169.png

Even when you do have the requirements im not 100% sure you can upgrade right away. I have met the requirments and have to wait until they roll it out for every device.

The user agreement makes it sound like there's the potential for damaging your computer - Microsoft specifically says "Damages to your PC due to lack of compatibility aren't covered under the manufacturer warranty". I don't know how likely that is, and it sounds like a standard disclaimer just to cover their bases, but the inability to receive updates would be a problem.

A non-updated operating system will be increasingly vulnerable to malware and such the longer it goes without updates, because those updates almost always include security fixes. For machines that are isolated from the Internet this isn't so much of an issue, but connecting to the Internet on such a machine is generally not advisable. 

Windows 10 is going to be supported through to 2025, and for web browsing and Netflix there's really no compelling reason to upgrade to Windows 11 right away (and depending on whom you listen to, there may be compelling reasons not to upgrade right now anyway). If I were you, I'd stick with Windows 10 for the time being. 

I'm running Win11 on unsupported machines with no issues (so far) and really like it - I'm also running it inside VMs again with no issues.

I'm running it on a Duo core as well with no problems - all machines were upgraded from activated Windows 10 and win 11 is also activated on all machines.

I'm receiving updates every day for Windows Defender, but, so far no big updates, but then it is a bit early.

Of course if you've only got 1 main machine I wouldn't- I did the upgrades because I have a load of machines and workstations, Z600, z800, z840 etc.