Hdd not being detected in windows and getting extremely hot

Scitesh

so i moved my hdd from an old pc to a new one , and not only is it  not being detected its getting hot to the touch ,everything else is working fine in the system

3 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

so i moved my hdd from an old pc to a new one , and not only is it  not being detected its getting hot to the touch ,everything else is working fine in the system

Is it detected in the BIOS? Are you hearing it spin up when the machine boots? Any abnormal ticking noises? Hard drives can get warm under load, but not like painful to touch hot. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Is it detected in the BIOS? Are you hearing it spin up when the machine boots? Any abnormal ticking noises? Hard drives can get warm under load, but not like painful to touch hot. 

Its not being detected in bios and i am not seeing it ramp up or start sipping on boot up

10 hours ago, Alby Tastic said:

If it's getting hot I'd say definitely don't use it.

Yeah turns out my psu had a defective sata slot (tough power 850) and that killed 2x hdds and 1 x ssd

And 1x lian li strimer controller

Since the PSU and strimer were in warranty I am getting them replaced (psu I am switching to mwe 850), yet it hurts losing data 

Context

Ps: made the following upgrades to pc

R7 1700 to R7 5700x

Gtx 1070 to rtx 3070

And vs 650 to toughpower gf 850

And the PSU had a defective sata power cable which ended up killing 2x hard drives 1x ssd and lian li strimmer

Was lucky enough that I got strimer rma'ed in one day and would be getting a replacement unit for power supply (mwe 850)

But losing important data hurts 

So don't forget 321

3 backups

2 mediums

1 offshore 

3 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

Really?

Offshore or offsite 

Similar to having your work backed up at home or on gcloud/airtable 

Yep, important data for me is on:

My boot ssd

a second hdd on my pc

a usb drive in another room

and on gdrive

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler