You wouldn’t DOWNLOAD a PC CASE?!

mynameGeoff
1 minute ago, Arika S said:

You have way more faith in PLA than i do. That is a scary bend

It's mounted on a Freedom Arm Plus, so the spring is just too strong and won't stay down lol

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Hot Wheel colors of the case they made, awesome!!

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

This case is rad but it raises a question.  I seem to recall being taught that metal cases also functioned a bit as a faraday cage to reduce EM coming from the various components.  A friend of mine was into ham radios and seemed very annoyed when I brought over a custom made cardboard computer.

I can't remember where I picked up this knowledge... so I don't know if its true or not!

as a side note.  PLA as a thermoplastic has a melting range of temp.   Glass transition starts at something like 60-80 C. (if memory serves).   ABS will handle more heat, but less rigid.   I know there are some weird carbon infused filaments out there...  a nice motion system should be able to handle that stuff.  :-D

4 minutes ago, LazloH said:

as a side note. 

They printed in PETG, not PLA.

4 minutes ago, LazloH said:

This case is rad but it raises a question.  I seem to recall being taught that metal cases also functioned a bit as a faraday cage to reduce EM coming from the various components. 

Yes that's correct.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

They printed in PETG, not PLA.

Yes that's correct.

Ah.  missed that.. not sure why I thought PLA.  PETG makes more sense.   I always wondered if the EM from a non shielded computer would cause issues for normal users.  Think people should be concerned about it in this type of case?

No, basically no tech that is relevant today cares about it.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

20 hours ago, Gregnor said:

I blame Colin for this because as a fellow sparky he should know this tool.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid-pc-1250-pvc-and-plastic-tubing-cutter/1000179605

Use this instead of an knife and your tube cuts will not only be faster, safer, and easier, but FAR cleaner and square.  I have never tried it but I bet it would work on hard line as well.

that will absolutely NOT work on rigid tubing.  PVC is a very soft plastic, and acrylic and other PC Tubes are not

21 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

That shirt thats blurred looks like it has the discord logo on top...

Wonder what it is

It's bound to be a variation of this:

image.png.30a1ce70b5dfe4a1e06bb2909ef07875.png

That must've been super awkward, since the video's sponsor paid an insane $27.7 BILLION to acquire one of Discord's competitors!

On 9/29/2021 at 12:34 PM, James Evens said:

Some thoughts:

Yes the slicer part is valid and hopefully in the future there will be more advance free/low cost (milling) CAM like slicer allowing easy use of the tools.

Print time are also a real problem. Once you go large it can easily go into the days and here a tool changer can make a difference. Use  a gigantic nozzle like 2 mm nozzle for the structure and a 0.4 mm for the details could bring you close to the 10x cycle time improvement another problem is definitely warping/stress within the material and removal of large parts from the print bed. Overall it is more practical at some point if possible to make two small parts and run it as a single job on a large print bed.

Also why does everybody suggest running a class 4 laser open? Neither your workshop nor the staff would be qualified/allowed to run a tool changer with just a diode strapped to it.

Never suggested running it open or without protection with a laser diode - let that be very clear. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 3:41 PM, Mel0nMan said:

That is neither COAX nor VGA. Do you mean DVI? And those "coax" are ports for wifi antennas. 

Derp DVI.  

• 7 months later...
On 9/29/2021 at 11:21 AM, Kilrah said:

The link to it is on the Thingiverse page for the case

Nvm got it. He showed the name for a sec. 

Edited by Tony_A

It link to the author's designs, where the case is:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4816054

and in the description

F@H

GPD Win 2

• 4 months later...

I know it has been a while since this was Printed, but I am curious if there is a list of the hardware (The Brass thread inserts and the like) so when I print my own I can have the threads installed before building the PC properly.  Also, where can I find all the Watercooling things?