Amazon New world Killing GPU's yet again

darknessblade
53 minutes ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

Amazon: Don't Blame New World for GPU Deaths, Blame Card Makers

Summary

It's not the games fault but a result of bad GPU manufacturing according to amazon

Quotes

My thoughts

Well, we have another controversial statement here, we have. So, according to amazon, this is the fault of AIBs. What bugs however is how this is basically the only game that has so far killed GPUs. But imo, this is the result of errs of both parties, not just one another. And imo, they should probably stop pointing hands on each other and just start working on a solution on both sides. But we'll have to wait and see, for the time being avoid playing this game tho.

Sources

Tom's hardwaree

Hardwareluxx

Merged to previous thread on the subject. This seems more like update to original (or the new edition of the original) than its own news.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Merged to previous thread on the subject. This seems more like update to original (or the new edition of the original) than its own news.

Ah, oaky

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

1 hour ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

Amazon: Don't Blame New World for GPU Deaths, Blame Card Makers

Summary

It's not the games fault but a result of bad GPU manufacturing according to amazon

Quotes

My thoughts

Well, we have another controversial statement here, we have. So, according to amazon, this is the fault of AIBs. What bugs however is how this is basically the only game that has so far killed GPUs. But imo, this is the result of errs of both parties, not just one another. And imo, they should probably stop pointing hands on each other and just start working on a solution on both sides. But we'll have to wait and see, for the time being avoid playing this game tho.

Sources

Tom's hardwaree

Hardwareluxx

Not even close.

eVGA 3090 FTW3's and even some 3080 FTW3's were dying like flies (ok exaggeration but too many of them were dying) in *Halo MCC*, GTA5 and League of Legends, and I think there was one other.  There were at least four people who had their cards (fuse pop/smoke or red LED light of death) playing Halo and a bunch more from the other games.

Old, extremely low load games.  This was in a bunch of threads on their forums scattered around.  You were more likely to kill your card in these older games than in any newer high stress game--until New World came along.

And I'm going to get some hate for saying this, but Amazon isn't wrong in their statement either.

If I can hammer my 3090 FE (shunt modded) with 600W and 320 amps on the GPU Core voltage rail and it doesn't die, if a 3x8 pin card dies in New World, well..it isn't Amazon's fault.

I honestly can't even understand some of you (or other) people, your so obsessed with the latest games that you'd risk breaking your hardware to play this one game ? When there are literally more then thousands out there ? Are you that obsessed with trends?.. Because at this point i can only attribute it to trends... Don't you have any self control or any self esteem for that matter (as many would play games that imply shady mechanics just because) this is why everything is honestly going to .....

Edited by Seyrren

5 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

Not even close.

eVGA 3090 FTW3's and even some 3080 FTW3's were dying like flies (ok exaggeration but too many of them were dying) in *Halo MCC*, GTA5 and League of Legends, and I think there was one other.  There were at least four people who had their cards (fuse pop/smoke or red LED light of death) playing Halo and a bunch more from the other games.

Old, extremely low load games.  This was in a bunch of threads on their forums scattered around.  You were more likely to kill your card in these older games than in any newer high stress game--until New World came along.

And I'm going to get some hate for saying this, but Amazon isn't wrong in their statement either.

If I can hammer my 3090 FE (shunt modded) with 600W and 320 amps on the GPU Core voltage rail and it doesn't die, if a 3x8 pin card dies in New World, well..it isn't Amazon's fault.

True, its not only this game...

But a vast majority of the cases for sure... im really curious what it is... amazon must be doing something weird / different than most... 

Its kinda funny they're blaming nv without giving a good reason,  i mean they must have some evidence for their claims... makes me think we'll never get the truth behind this, not from amazon at least, shockingly. 

4 hours ago, Seyrren said:

honestly can't even understand some of you (or other) people, your so obsessed with the latest games that you'd risk breaking your hardware to play this one game ?

Also this lol, the game isn't even good by any means , its just the newest hypest game (from sketchy company) so everyone somehow *has* to play it or they feel left out? Probably knowing full well about the potential issues at this point too. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

Not even close.

Exactly, Jayz latest video about this issue showed that the EVGA cards had issues and that's on evga for sure, but he also tried with a MSI card that the only situation where it drew more than 100% power was in New World, something sketchy is happening in this game for sure. I played for about 40 hours before hearing about this and now i stopped playing. Im running an undervolted Zotac 2070 Super and even tough the odds of my card breaking are little, i prefer it to be 0. We don't know exactly what the hell is going on with this game shitty code and until this gets clarified by Amazon(not likely) or experts on the matter i will not be playing it.(Bricking gpus aside, i kinda liked it). But as you said, this isn't on Amazon, the GPU safety systems should be working and even though the game is requesting more than 100%, the card should be able to limit itself and not let the game use more than that.

Intel Core i5-12600K            Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X            XPG Gammix  D10 (4x8GB) DDR4-3200Mhz

ADATA Falcon 512GB            Nvme  XPG Gammix S41 TUF 256GB Nvme            WD Green 480GB Nvme

Zotac Geforce RTX 2070 Super            XPG Core Reactor 850W            Seagate HD 1TB 7200rpm                       

Noctua NH-D15            AOC 24G2/BK           Corsair 4000D            Corsair K68            Logitech G502 Hero           

10 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

if a 3x8 pin card dies in New World, well..it isn't Amazon's fault.

4 hours ago, dpeter said:

We don't know exactly what the hell is going on with this game shitty code and until this gets clarified by Amazon(not likely) or experts on the matter i will not be playing it.(Bricking gpus aside, i kinda liked it). But as you said, this isn't on Amazon, the GPU safety systems should be working and even though the game is requesting more than 100%, the card should be able to limit itself and not let the game use more than that.

a bit of yes and a bit of no, not sure what game engine they use. But a lot of certain features and content is often provided by the GPU manufacturer (a bit like DLSS just other things like physics, Nvidia "amazing hair physics" and other content)  😛

But like people say, this shouldn't be happening to this amount and that the GPU makers have to deal with this, but instead tries to profit over it?

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

a bit of yes and a bit of no, not sure what game engine they use. But a lot of certain features and content is often provided by the GPU manufacturer (a bit like DLSS just other things like physics, Nvidia "amazing hair physics" and other content)  😛

But like people say, this shouldn't be happening to this amount and that the GPU makers have to deal with this, but instead tries to profit over it?

They use an engine called Lumberyard which is based on the CryEngine ( it's funny how bad things always points to EA in the end haha) 

Intel Core i5-12600K            Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X            XPG Gammix  D10 (4x8GB) DDR4-3200Mhz

ADATA Falcon 512GB            Nvme  XPG Gammix S41 TUF 256GB Nvme            WD Green 480GB Nvme

Zotac Geforce RTX 2070 Super            XPG Core Reactor 850W            Seagate HD 1TB 7200rpm                       

Noctua NH-D15            AOC 24G2/BK           Corsair 4000D            Corsair K68            Logitech G502 Hero           

9 hours ago, The Unknown Voice said:

Welcome to the 21st Century. You must be new here. Sit down and relax, as the Doctor will see you soon.

Thanks for being a Patient....

I somehow doubt I'm the issue here lol.