IS THIS GOOD? (ASKING FOR A FRIEND)

Budget (including currency): $2500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: csgo, halo mcc, gta, apex, Minecraft, rainbow six siege, for honor, adobe programs, and streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

This is a parts list I made for a friend, I have tried to take everything that he wants to do into accounts so i have tried to choose the best for temps, speed and other stuff.
Please let me know if there is anything I should change or keep. 
He set the budget at $2500 however in the list I have not put a gpu in, so take that into account. he will most likely get a 30 series card.

Here is the list!!
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Sampsonia/saved/86cL99

It's good.  If he plans to go with a RTX 3070 or something more powerful, it may be a good idea to go up to a 750w or 850w power supply. 

Other comments... the cpu cooler is a bit overkill for that cpu, but it's good quality.

It bothers me that it costs around a quarter of the price of a cpu, which require a factory worth several billions to make and a few weeks of manufacturing and testing then packaging with an actual cooler. 

2 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

What about storage? No need for that?

That cooler is expensive as hell in your country, Ain't worth it.

Get lottle cheaper board an PSU.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/j4bMLP

he already has storage, Thanks heaps

4 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

And? 

Possible issues with RTX 3000 (depends on what 3000 exactly). If you spend 2500 bucks you don't want a PSU with issues.

1 minute ago, --SID-- said:

Possible issues with RTX 3000 (depends on what 3000 exactly). If you spend 2500 bucks you don't want a PSU with issues.

That was for old revisions...

4 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

what issues would he have?

3 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

That was for old revisions...

Yes, paired with Vega 56/64 and RTX 2080 Ti or something. RTX 3000 is another story.

1 minute ago, YoLige said:

what issues would he have?

Shut down with 3080, 3080 Ti and 3090 and possibly higher end RX 6000.

5 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Ouch, Are you saying that pairing 650W PSU with those cards cause shutdowns and you say it like it was PSU problem? 😄 Fanny...

6 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Yes, paired with Vega 56/64 and RTX 2080 Ti or something. RTX 3000 is another story.

The old revisions of some seasonic units had problems, But it have been fixed,  In fact, You can't find any reports suggesting NZXT C have any problems with RTX 30 series cards, Neither with AMD.

5 hours ago, --SID-- said:

They were shutting down due to power spikes tripping the safety threshold... going over the 750w/650w etc wattage mark of the PSU... that's what they are designed to do so it doesn't fry your system... it does the same thing as a last resort to prevent power surges from frying your components

People are mad because the GPUs they are buying have a continuous rated spec and they load all that up in PCPartpicker or whatever.... pick a PSU with 100w of extra and call it a day.... then same said ppl obliviously complain when the GPU they bought spikes 200w peak over the continuous rating and the PSU safety trips out like it was designed to do...

Honestly.... I'd be more concerned with the PSUs that *don't* trip at the proper level :X

I've been using XFX/Seasonic power supplies almost exclusively for 10+ years... never had a single issue with any of them... then Nvidia designs an irresponsibly power-hungry GPU and it's Seasonic's fault they have safety trips on their PSUs? lol

He could go with these parts if you go Intel:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700F 2.9 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($424.60 @ Newegg Australia) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Slim CPU Cooler  ($89.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B560 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($199.00 @ Centre Com) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE DARK Za 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($239.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($138.00 @ JW Computers) 
Total: $1238.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-30 02:12 AEST+1000

Leaves about 1300 for GPU, which I think should be plenty for a good one.

Couple of notes:

- B560 with 10th gen CPU's have the top m.2 slot disable, put any nvme on the 2nd

- if you need more m.2 slots I would recommend going for a B460 board and also getting cheaper ram (B460 is locked to 2933 mhz if I recall)

- if he plans to go to RTX 3080 or more, go with 850 W PSU

- I just like be quiet! case. You can go with any other with mesh front

8 hours ago, Jonathan Lee said:

He could go with these parts if you go Intel:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700F 2.9 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($424.60 @ Newegg Australia) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Slim CPU Cooler  ($89.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B560 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($199.00 @ Centre Com) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE DARK Za 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($239.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($138.00 @ JW Computers) 
Total: $1238.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-30 02:12 AEST+1000

Leaves about 1300 for GPU, which I think should be plenty for a good one.

Couple of notes:

- B560 with 10th gen CPU's have the top m.2 slot disable, put any nvme on the 2nd

- if you need more m.2 slots I would recommend going for a B460 board and also getting cheaper ram (B460 is locked to 2933 mhz if I recall)

- if he plans to go to RTX 3080 or more, go with 850 W PSU

- I just like be quiet! case. You can go with any other with mesh front

ya i have that mobo its really good 🙂