Sapphire's Radeon RX 6600 Listed Weeks Ahead of Launch

Lightwreather

Summary

Portuguese retailer PCDiga accidentally listed the yet-to-be-announced AMD Radeon RX 6600 (non-XT) graphics card from Sapphire.

Sapphire

Quotes

Portuguese retailer PCDiga accidentally listed the yet-to-be-announced AMD Radeon RX 6600 (non-XT) graphics card from Sapphire. It has since been pulled, but it was up long enough for VideoCardz to make screenshots and save pictures of the board. The expected launch date is October 13, according to Videocardz.

The board in question belongs to the Pulse family, so it has a rather modest design and cooling system. But while AMD's Radeon RX 6600 is supposed to be more or less cheap, the listing had the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6600 priced at €589.90 including VAT (about $560 without VAT). Keeping in mind that the Radeon RX 6600 XT retails for around €550~€630 ($535~$614 without taxes) in Europe, the listing seems to be somewhat inflated.

AMD's Radeon RX 6600 XT is officially priced at $379, but its real-world price tends to be considerably higher. Still, we expect the official MSRP for the non-XT will be lower, possibly going head-to-head with Nvidia's (theoretically priced) $329 RTX 3060. We'll have to wait for the launch to see how the GPU actually performs.

My thoughts

Okay, this is pretty interesting. The RX6600 has been leaked. The listing on the website has since been removed, but it was there long enough for a tech news site to get at it. It, according to the listing, seems to be about twice the cost of the 6600XT, but that can't be right. SO, I'd assume that it's because 1. Europe does generally get slightly higher pricing and 2. Possible Seller scalping. So, the only really useful piece of info we've gotten on this is the release date, which is about 2 weks before intel's supposed announcemnet of ADL launch. But keeping in mind that we have no clue as to the performance of this card, We'll still have to wait and see what happens

Sources

Tom's hardware

Videocardz

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

That's approximately the price you would have to pay for a 6600XT here in Spain, so I'd say placeholder price, probably Ctrl+C Ctrl+V the price from their XT listings.

RX 6600 is easy. It's going to be $300 and a little faster than the RX 5600XT. Wake me up when RX 7000 and RTX 4000 comes out, this whole generation is ass top to bottom. Supply issues notwithstanding, Ampere and RDNA2 only look good compared to Turing, and only because Turing was double ass.