Quadro P2200 performance with different resolution dual monitors

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

Maybe you just have some driver issues? I'd say DDU the driver and install the most recent one.

I know a lot of cad software scales the viewport resolution depending on the resolution of the monitor but this can be set to a set value to avoid these performance issues. However I do not believe it's a performance issue but a driver issue here since the 4k monitor makes the system freak out even in basic tasks.

Hi,

I have a problem, that is hard to explain, but here it goes. 

I have a work computer with ryzen 7-3700x and quadro p2200 gpu. since work from home i am using my monitor (4K) and one from work (1080p) for dual monitor setup (i need that a lot). I have noticed that CAD programs on my 4k display are performing quite bad even accounted for extra performance needed for 4k resolution image (the gpu memory gets full very fast). So sometimes I disconnect the 4k monitor to work just on 1080p if I need to do something bigger, and reconnect it when only working on documents. I have talked with CAD reseller and technical support and they said that the version I am using requires more gpu power than the older versions. But I noticed something odd today when I had a YouTube video playing and had the 4k monitor disconnected, all was fine. I had a task to write up some documents so enabled my 4k monitor for more convenient work and YouTube video started playing very weird.  Turned on stats for nerd and i was loosing frames like crazy. 25% frames was lost in any resolution. No CAD application was running, computer was just turned on. Video was on second 1080p monitor. disconnected 4k monitor (with software, it is still pugged in gpu)  and the video is fine, no lost frames in any resolution. GPU drivers are up to date. When using dual monitors doesn't matter on which display the video is showing.

Maybe you just have some driver issues? I'd say DDU the driver and install the most recent one.

I know a lot of cad software scales the viewport resolution depending on the resolution of the monitor but this can be set to a set value to avoid these performance issues. However I do not believe it's a performance issue but a driver issue here since the 4k monitor makes the system freak out even in basic tasks.

35 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I will try that and will post if anything changes

Update:
Just did the DDU and there is no more dropped frames in YouTube and even CAD performs a bit better. Probably not going to install the RTX experience manager any more

Edited by desant1

35 minutes ago, desant1 said:

I will try that and will post if anything changes

Update:
Just did the DDU and there is no more dropped frames in YouTube and even CAD performs a bit better. Probably not going to install the RTX experience manager any more

Might wanna look into some resolution scaling things for your cad program then to see if it's happening. Rtx manager is not something you need since well your card doesn't have any rt cores.

Just now, jaslion said:

Might wanna look into some resolution scaling things for your cad program then to see if it's happening. Rtx manager is not something you need since well your card doesn't have any rt cores.

RTX experience is what replaced Quadro experience. since there are no new quadro card, now they are called RTX 3000, RTX4000, RTX5000 etc. So this is used to keep drivers up to date and manage proffesional gpus

2 minutes ago, desant1 said:

RTX experience is what replaced Quadro experience. since there are no new quadro card, now they are called RTX 3000, RTX4000, RTX5000 etc. So this is used to keep drivers up to date and manage proffesional gpus

Ooh that thing yeah ok I'm following. I haven't used a quadro for a bit so a little behind and the ones I do use I have't bothered with a driver update in years :p.

I don't think that would have been an issue for you then probably just a bad driver here.

Just now, jaslion said:

Ooh that thing yeah ok I'm following. I haven't used a quadro for a bit so a little behind and the ones I do use I have't bothered with a driver update in years :p.

I don't think that would have been an issue for you then probably just a bad driver here.

Well i have had issues with GeForce experience recently on my other pc where it would minimize my game while playing ( I was playing Apex Legends with a friend), so I just dont want to take any chances now.