what are the benefits of 16 cores

marcuzx

i mainly play cod, bf, runescape, forza, gran turismo and mobile games. i stream, lightly edit, and upload videos. oh and i mine. will there be any added benefits of me going from 8 cores to 16? i literally camp on every cod map on a 60hz monitor… i use the computer 24/7 btw. for me to upgrade its a good 3 to 5 thousand dollars because if you get the 12900k you have to get premium everything otherwise it’s a wasted build. its not just oh im going to buy just the mobo and cpu, you gotta buy everything. and since i don’t have to worry about future upgrades id put 128gb of ddr4 or maybe ddr5 if it’s reasonably priced. so since this is the first batch of ddr5, it’ll perform worser than ddr4! so let’s say you get ddr5 and then if you wait to upgrade in the future by then your mobo will be obsolete. i like the pcie5 because i’ll be getting 4000 series. but what about the ram rofl… id rather have good ddr4 then horrible ddr5. i’m a huge fan of note series phones so that’s why i really want 12th gen intel. but at what cost… im giving away my current 3700x so i need a new system. once i give it away i’ll be stuck with an old xeon that i recently bought for mining. so i need to start from all over, i need new everything. at this point i can either get 12th gen or i guess i can do a budget build with 11700k or 10850k and i’ll put t50 cooler on it along with whatever case is on sale for 100$ on blak friday. or i can get another 3700x rofl or 5900/5950? my current pc will be a gift to a family members. 64gb, mobo, 3700x and it has the free ssd from microcenter haha and 1tb hdd and a 6600xt or 2080ti. this was a build that i specifically got for mining that’s why i got a 65watt cpu and eventually i started gaming on it as well. i actually got into gaming through mining. so what are your recommendations? i have a microcenter close to me. so i can usually get really good deals such as 300$ 10850k or 11700k, 230$ 3700x, etc. for me a budget build is up to 1k, excluding the gpu because i’ve got quite a lot. midrange is 1.5k and high end is anything over 2k. so yea, for me 1k is like nothing. 1.5k eh its fine i guess. once it gets to 2k kinda gets uncomfortable. as mining isn’t as profitable anymore im completely skipping all cheap cards and only going for high end 3080/3090 at msrp or shuffles. so once i get one of them idk how itd look like with a cheap cpu. but idk really. i have other expenses and things irl, so this pc will be the end of me if i don’t make the money back within a year. man the issue isn’t the cpu that’s700$ the issue is that the cpu needs all premium parts to function properly. is there any way around this? what about a 50$ cooler on it rofl? then instead of 200$ case i can get 75$ one. instead of 1tb m.2 i can use 1tb of hdd rofl. any recommendations? 

That's a lot of text without enough spaces.

As far as cores go, if you're asking, you don't need it. Creators that actually feel their work load is slow is who these chips are targeted at.

yea i don’t really need them, might actually get another 3700x because it’s been amazing. i might get 12900k but if it’s extremely on sale as in i can get everything for 1.5k. going to actually give away my xeon build to someone who can’t afford a pc too. i like helping people tbh. 

Get a 5950x with a decent board and re use ur ram if u got 1.5k

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper