Asus Zenfone 8 and a horrible experience

Hey guys, i usually dont post on forums, but i felt like i had to here.

So about 3 months ago i bought an Asus Zenfone 8 after having seen it in Linus's video. I was generally really pleased with it in almost every way. And so it went over the next couple of months. But then this week i woke up to my phone being completely dead. It did not respond to charging, button pressing, button holding or any other troubleshooting tips i was given. I assumed that it was a battery malfunction and was confident that it would be nothing more than a nuisance. However i was far from correct.

After a bit of googling, i found that a lot of other people experienced something similar over the past month. Their Zenfone 8s doing a never-ending RAM-dump before dying. I imediately realised that that is what happened to me, it just died before i woke up. I tried getting in contact with Asus, but they pretty much refused to believe that it wasnt some other problem or told me to try those troubleshooting things another 20 times. So i went to the retailer i bought it from to ask for them to repair it and they said they could try, but they could not guarantee that any of my data would survive. Which sucks for me because the data i had on that phone was worth about twice as much as the phone itself. I had done a backup, but i realised too late that it backed up everything except my 3500+ photos and videos. Turns out i had to enable another setting for it to do that.

Having scrolled through the Zentalk forums, i could see a lot of people being quite furious about their treatment by Asus. They were talking about being refused refunds and getting their phone back from repair with massive prying marks and bruises, while the mods remained idle until someone spoke Spanish in the English forum and then went back to silence again. I suggest checking out the zenfone 8 threads and see it for yourselves. I am only really saying this to rant about how under the buss i feel thrown and all the stuff i lost because Asus messed something up. It really sucks having a company you trusted barge in and burn hundreds of dollars worth of your property before picking up the phone they sold you and snapping it right in front of your face, all while i am unable to do anything and Asus pretty much just admitting defeat but giving me the loss penalty. I hope people who read this will reconsider bying Asus phones as you are clearly not being respected by them even if you do.

56 minutes ago, DracHula said:

Hey guys, i usually dont post on forums, but i felt like i had to here.

So about 3 months ago i bought an Asus Zenfone 8 after having seen it in Linus's video. I was generally really pleased with it in almost every way. And so it went over the next couple of months. But then this week i woke up to my phone being completely dead. It did not respond to charging, button pressing, button holding or any other troubleshooting tips i was given. I assumed that it was a battery malfunction and was confident that it would be nothing more than a nuisance. However i was far from correct.

After a bit of googling, i found that a lot of other people experienced something similar over the past month. Their Zenfone 8s doing a never-ending RAM-dump before dying. I imediately realised that that is what happened to me, it just died beford i woke up. I tried getting in contact with Asus, but they pretty much refused to believe that it wasnt some other problem or told me to try those troubleshooting things another 20 times. So i went to the retailer i bought it from to ask for them to repair it and they said they could try, but they could not guarantee that any of my data would survive. Which sucks for me because the data i had on that phone was worth about twice as much as the phone itself. I had done a backup, but i realised too late that it backed up everything except my 3500+ photos and videos. Turns out i had to enable another setting for it to do that.

Having scrolled through the Zentalk forums, i could see a lot of people being quite furious about their treatment by Asus. They were talking about being refused refunds and getting their phone back from repair with massive prying marks and bruises, while the mods only really responded to when someone spoke Spanish in the English forum. I suggest checking out the zenfone 8 threads and see it for yourselves. I am only really saying this to rant about how under the buss i feel thrown and all the stuff i lost because Asus messed something up. I hope people who read this will reconsider bying Asus phones as you are clearly not being respected by them even if you do.

Sounds like a saga that would make an at least somewhat interesting video, with the inbuilt side effect of pissing off asus.  Not something any YouTuber would want to take on, but someone might. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.