University Build Assistance - URGENT!

Hello everybody, I have just moved to uni and learnt that I need a wifi card for my pc as ethernet is not an option at the house I am living at. So i purchased an ASUS PCE-AC68 wifi card. But unfortunately neither my motherboard or device manager is unable to detect it, which really sucks for me as now i am two days away from my first online lecture with no internet. So immediate assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

My motherboard is this 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z97-GAMING-3/Specification 

msi z97 gaming 3 7916

and im using a windows 10 64x 

and wifi card is 

https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/Adapters/All-series/PCEAC68/

I would really appreciate any and all help to this issue as I really need to get my computer up and running with wifi so I can start my Architecture course !! 

Have you tried the card in other slots to see if the slot on your motherboard is dead? If you have, I'd assume the card is either dead or has some sort of incompatibility with that motherboard.

If it is indeed dead, you seem like you have two options:

1.) Run to Best Buy and try to pick up one of those USB wifi cards. They don't work as well, but they should function enough to get you through class.

2.) Use your smartphone as a tether. I don't believe this works on iPhones, but with a decent amount of Androids you can do Wifi tethering, effectively just using your phone as a wifi adapter. It's still iffy whether it will work or not, but it might be good to try and see if it works for you.

I have tried the card in both pcie slots, the light on the card turns on clearly but other than that it doesnt pop up on my pc system

5 minutes ago, rostedthegamer said:

I have tried the card in both pcie slots, the light on the card turns on clearly but other than that it doesnt pop up on my pc system

Have you tried downloading and installing the drivers for the card?

yep, i went to the asus official web and downloaded the new drivers and installed it but nothing

You say "both PCIe slots" but the mobo has 4. List everything you have in the PC.

If that means you have something in both x16 slots, if you read the manual you'll see that disables the 2 x1 ones.

image.png.94eb49137526dc8a25b7ec7830cc38f5.png

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2