GPU 50 degrees at idle after undervolting

So I undervolted my GPU (RTX 3070Ti) to get my tempeartures down a little during gaming, which it did. Got it down by about 10 degrees during gaming, which was perfect. But at idle, the temperatures went up, both CPU (i9-10850k) and GPU.

I used to get 20-30 CPU and 30-40 GPU (celcius). After undervolting, with MSI Afterburner, I got 30-45 CPU and 45-53 GPU - and still do. 

The first image is what my undervolt looked like. I then reinstalled afterburner and deleted all the profiles directly from file explorer, and so from the looks of it, I was able to undo the undervolt (on gpu-z I can see that the gpu clock/memory/boost are now the same as the default). But the temperatures are still high at idle. It's clear on task manager that the gpu is barely in use yet it's running at 50 degrees. I never messed with any fan speeds or overclocking or any other settings but the voltage/frequency curve.

Looking to get these temperatures back to normal, what it used to be before undervolting. Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks!

undervolt.PNG

tempnew.PNG

sensors.PNG

It may be the case that you set up constant voltage to the card instead of just drawing how much it need (of course on idle it’ll need very little)

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

The card won't run the fans unless the temp gets above 55-60 C (using the default VBIOS fan curve that is). Normal desktop usage, Youtube, etc. will eventually get the temp to creep up around 50.

It's normal. As long as load temps are fine don't worry about idle temp.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Your card is running nearly full clock speed at idle and drawing almost 80 watts, that's why it's hotter. I'm not sure why or how to fix it, but that's why it's hotter.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Do you have more than one monitors? or are you using a 4K monitor?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 hour ago, Whiro said:

It may be the case that you set up constant voltage to the card instead of just drawing how much it need (of course on idle it’ll need very little)

Not sure how I'd done this if I had, do you know how to change it so that it draws how much it needs?

29 minutes ago, Levent said:

Do you have more than one monitors? or are you using a 4K monitor?

I use two monitors. Main monitor is a 27inch 1440p monitor and a 22inch 1080p monitor as my secondary. But my temperatures hardly changed when I added my second monitor.