Pubg mobile is getting a sequel

VirusDumb

Summary

Pubg is getting a mobile exclusive sequel titled "PUBG New State", devloped by "PUBG STUDIOS" and South Korean company Krafton inc. (which also published the Indian exclusive PUBG mobile version BGMI). The battle royale shooter is going to be set in the futuristic setting of 2051 (that's what it's devlopers claim), it uses the quote "Beyond Battle royale" in it's campaigning

Quotes

PUBG New State is a brand new battle royale game from Krafton. It will be based on the same theme as the original PUBG Mobile/ BGMI, with a hundred players fighting with various weapons and strategies until the last man or team remains the "Last man standing". However, the PUBG New State game will be set in the year 2051. The company has promised that it will deliver ultra-realistic graphics and dynamic gunplay. Additionally, the game will come with drones, combat roles, and weapon customisation, among other things. PUBG New State is likely to offer a completely different experience than BGMI.

Realistic Next-Gen Graphics on Mobile

Players can experience a new milestone in mobile graphics and optimization in PUBG: NEW STATE.

Utilizing customized graphic rendering technology (Global Illumination, Auto Exposure, and more), PUBG: NEW STATE features high-end realistic graphics that take mobile games to the next level. 

Built and optimized for mobile play, players will experience breathtaking graphics and high frame rates, which will immerse them in battlegrounds that are realistic and intense, but more importantly, smooth and stable.

Realistic Action and Gunplay, Just Like PUBG on PC

– The game recreates the original PUBG PC experience that fans have grown to love and evolves it for a brand-new experience.

– PUBG: NEW STATE implements the same quality of realistic action animations and gunplay mechanics as PUBG on PC.

– The application of ADS collimating and ballistics systems in-game make gunfights all the more realistic and intense.

– From the controls and to the response systems, no comprises were made despite its optimization for mobile 

Enhanced Battle Royale

In PUBG: NEW STATE, players can get a battle royale experience that rivals PUBG on PC.

Players will have access to a variety of original content that is exclusive to PUBG: NEW STATE, such as the Drone Store system, Green Flare Guns, and more.

Players can join up with friends using new and enhanced co-op features to take on the battlegrounds together!

Players can also explore massive environments with a variety of new vehicles and obtain weapon customization kits that allow them to enhance their weapons.

Original Map “Troi” – The Sequel to PUBG

– Players will drop into Troi, a new and exclusive battleground set in the year 2051.

– The map will give further insight into the PUBG Universe by expanding on the era of the Collapse

– The map features a large, 8km-by-8km open world that players can explore freely.

– With 10 landmarks in Troi, there will be no shortages of epic showdowns; players can use these to come up with new ways and strategies to dominate the competition

My thoughts 

Well this article is a bit late into the party with the pre registration started 3 weeks ago and already 40 million people have registered.

They seem to be trying to create a franchise around this battle royale mechanism, pushing the game into a setting like the early 8th gen console call of duty specially with the likes of Advanced warfare, Infinite warfare and black ops 3, which is certainly a wrong direction for a franchise considering the amount of negative criticism and backlash from fans the call of duty titles of the similar settings have received.

I think it is targeted towards Indian and Korean mobile gamers whose primary gaming device is their phone and probably can't afford the newer gen consoles. (Kind of confusing cuz higher end phones these days cost same/more than the consoles)

The "beyond battle royale" slogan reminds me of the "beyond and above the call" of the first battlefield game, which was to attract call of duty fans, which leaves me more confused about who's the targeted demographic, cuz they were the one to establish the battle royale genre.

Sources

https://newstate.pubg.com/

https://www.91mobiles.com/hub/pubg-new-state-release-date-download-registration-and-everything-else-you-need-to-know/

https://krafton.com/en/games/pubg-new-state/

Interested to see if the normal pubg servers will stay on.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 hour ago, SeAsOn3 said:

I think it is targeted towards Indian and Korean mobile gamers whose primary gaming device is their phone and probably can't afford the newer gen consoles. (Kind of confusing cuz higher end phones these days cost same/more than the consoles.

I think it's good direction - In Indonesia for example PS5 is scalped to sky high that it become status symbol so lots of people rely on smartphone for gaming. People don't seem really care about few stutter or ultra graphic so they are fine with mid-range ($250) phone.

Also Lot of people (like my brother in law) are gaming between jobs so dedicated system are out of equation for him.

All in all, money are to be made in mobile gaming probably continue to be so for forseeable future.

1 hour ago, adarw said:

Interested to see if the normal pubg servers will stay on.

I don't think they will close them down anytime soon.

This video gives a very good insight on why mobile gaming is so huge in some markets:

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 9/20/2021 at 3:31 PM, Stahlmann said:

I don't think they will close them down anytime soon.

This video gives a very good insight on why mobile gaming is so huge in some markets:

Coincidentally I was going to write a article about this video in general discussion with correcting some points which matpat got wrong (like always) along with my point of view of the situation from the ground zero- India.