What are some good tutorials for Python on the Internet?

ZeRedz

Hi, so I want to learn Python and I was wondering what was a decent tutorial to follow. I want to gain a decent understanding of the language in a structured manner. Basically, the tutorial starts you off with basic lessons and then moves up to slightly more advanced ones. 

21 minutes ago, ZeRedz said:

Hi, so I want to learn Python and I was wondering what was a decent tutorial to follow. Basically, I want to gain a decent understanding of the language in a structured manner. Basically, the tutorial starts you off with basic lessons and then moves up to slightly more advanced ones. 

Since you love the word "basic" , why not learn some BASIC😄

Jokes aside,

21 minutes ago, ZeRedz said:

I want to gain a decent understanding of the language in a structured manner. Basically, the tutorial starts you off with basic lessons and then moves up to slightly more advanced ones. 

you just described an online course, there is plenty paid and free courses out there, check out sites like https://www.udemy.com/ , https://www.educative.io/www.coursera.org 
Usually the difference between free and paid courses is that paid ones give you some kind of certification when you are done, though some might lock advanced stuff behind a paywall.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

Not a website, but I like the book "Learn Python the Hard Way". Despite its title, it's a beginners book.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Are there any decent YouTube tutorials out there for Python?

35 minutes ago, ZeRedz said:

Are there any decent YouTube tutorials out there for Python?

Yes. There is a playlist with videos made by Microsoft Developer, it carries you step by step through the essentials and a bit extra and it is very easy to understand and they also provide useful examples. I used this to learn python myself and have found it very useful. And it takes you from the very basics, like print commands and data types to more relatively advanced stuff like calling API's and object oriented programming. After finishing these tutorials I had all the necessary skills to go on my own and make my own programs.

3 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Yes. There is a playlist with videos made by Microsoft Developer, it carries you step by step through the essentials and a bit extra and it is very easy to understand and they also provide useful examples. I used this to learn python myself and have found it very useful. And it takes you from the very basics, like print commands and data types to more relatively advanced stuff like calling API's and object oriented programming. After finishing these tutorials I had all the necessary skills to go on my own and make my own programs.

Is there a playlist for like creating programs like a menu-based calculator or something a bit more advanced?

Just now, ZeRedz said:

Is there a playlist for like creating programs like a menu-based calculator or something a bit more advanced?

Assuming you know the basics of python you should be able to make a simple calculator yourself using guizero since the library is very easy to use and has plenty of good documentation. If you don't know the basics then regardless of what guide you pick you still will be starting with learning more or less the same thing you're learning as part of the playlist I posted above. You should learn the basics if you want to actually understand the code and then write your own code rather than just copying it.

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Assuming you know the basics of python you should be able to make a simple calculator yourself using guizero since the library is very easy to use and has plenty of good documentation. If you don't know the basics then regardless of what guide you pick you still will be starting with learning more or less the same thing you're learning as part of the playlist I posted above. You should learn the basics if you want to actually understand the code and then write your own code rather than just copying it.

You have a point there. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 1:11 PM, ZeRedz said:

Hi, so I want to learn Python and I was wondering what was a decent tutorial to follow. I want to gain a decent understanding of the language in a structured manner. Basically, the tutorial starts you off with basic lessons and then moves up to slightly more advanced ones. 

Freecodecamp-python for everyone and then go to goalkicker to pick up some python reference books. I learnt it from kaggle, but that was mainly because I wanted to do stuff with scikit learn