Will Windows 11 run on an Intel i5 m 480???

Joey H

The Cpu has more than double the speed required and 2 cores just wondering.

Well its not on the approved cpu list(and like doesn't support secure boot or tpm either), so it doesn't meet the system requirements.

But you can probably get around the limits if you want to.

Main issue would be gpu driver support as anything from that era at best got drivers up to windows 8. Getting around the 11 requirements will probably be possible.

Either way 10 is still around for 5 years and I don't think you'll be using a by then 15-16 year old laptop?

I've been able to install Win 11 on any hardware with no problems - also installed in VirtualBox - again no problems. I'm posting this from inside a VM running Windows 11 with the host machine ( a Z800) also running Windows 11.

All work really well - I just hope Microsoft doesn't really screw it up as their requirements are totally nonsensical.

In all cases Win 11 was installed as an upgrade to Windows 10 and is activated.

On 9/20/2021 at 7:29 PM, Alby Tastic said:

I've been able to install Win 11 on any hardware with no problems - also installed in VirtualBox - again no problems. I'm posting this from inside a VM running Windows 11 with the host machine ( a Z800) also running Windows 11.

All work really well - I just hope Microsoft doesn't really screw it up as their requirements are totally nonsensical.

In all cases Win 11 was installed as an upgrade to Windows 10 and is activated.

I agree. 

Running it now on a laptop with a centrino 2 2ghz dual core. Performance is functionally the same as windows 10 and 7.