Keyboard don't work after latest bios update

3dgr9
Go to solution Solved by 3dgr9,

Om*g I have the solution. I unplugged every drive I have and was forced into the bios... Now I enabled USB support and everything is just fine. 

Feels pretty good 

Hey guys,

I got a massive problem D:

I installed the newest BIOS Version (5.20) via instant flash on my AsRock b450m pro4 board and after it was done it restarted it self. When I was in the screen which showed the keys (DEL and F2) for going into the bios and boot menu (F11) I wanted to press F11 for booting into Win10, but I got no reaction. I can't go into the bios too.

Then I tried a PS/2 keyboard but got the same problem. I tried every single USB (2.0 and 3.0/3.1) Port and I could press "Num" so I knew it was on but no reaction. I waited 1h but it doesn't boot into Win10 itself.

I have removed the bios battery for 30min and then did the same steps again but I can't go into my PC so my Computer is now basically useless. 

I don't want to try a CMOS reset because I just updated the bios on the newest one available and AMD says that would be last option.

Does anyone know what I can try after all this?

My System:

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

AsRock B450M Pro4

Inno3D GTX770 4GB

16GB 3000 G.Skill RAM

BeQuiet PurePower 400W

17 minutes ago, 3dgr9 said:

I don't want to try a CMOS reset because I just updated the bios

Clear CMOS will NOT delete any updated BIOS files, just clear all the custom settings back to "Default settings" (remove XMP/DOCP settings, etc).

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

19 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Clear CMOS will NOT delete any updated BIOS files, just clear all the custom settings back to "Default settings" (remove XMP/DOCP settings, etc).

Oh okay, I just thought it would do something "heavy" because AsRock says that you shouldn't do this first after Update. 

I don't find the CMOS jumper so I will take screwdriver later or tomorrow. 

Sooo well, you think this will solve my problem?

6 minutes ago, 3dgr9 said:

Oh okay, I just thought it would do something "heavy" because AsRock says that you shouldn't do this first after Update. 

I don't find the CMOS jumper so I will take screwdriver later or tomorrow. 

Sooo well, you think this will solve my problem?

Also worth noting - ONLY use a Beta BIOS to rectify the specific problem it was released for... then next newest (non-Beta) version to that is the only one that should replace a BIOS file that a motherboard may have shipped with.

EDIT:

Just sanity-checked what you did & it should work perfectly OK.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

3 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Also worth noting - ONLY use a Beta BIOS to rectify the specific problem it was released for... then next newest (non-Beta) version to that is the only one that should replace a BIOS file that a motherboard may have shipped with.

On the official website I can't see which is beta version and which is non-beta👀 There's just 5.20, 5.10 etc etc

Just now, 3dgr9 said:

On the official website I can't see which is beta version and which is non-beta👀 There's just 5.20, 5.10 etc etc

See above - I edited my post.

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, Eighjan said:

See above - I edited my post.

Okay than I will now do reset and tell you in some minutes if it did help 😄

If that doesn’t work I become curious about the model of the first keyboard you tried and what driver you are using for it.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Uff oh man that did nothing. When I started my fans were like 100%-0%-100%-0% for 30sec but then I landed on normal AsRock "Startpage"(screenshot). USB and PS/2 Keyboard don't work...

16320058976428705479431478101029.jpg

Om*g I have the solution. I unplugged every drive I have and was forced into the bios... Now I enabled USB support and everything is just fine. 

Feels pretty good 

9 minutes ago, 3dgr9 said:

Feels pretty good 

ROFL.  No USB support.  That will do it alright.  The critical question is how did that get unclicked in the first place?  If it’s default on the new bios everyone downloading that bios is going to have that problem. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

ROFL.  No USB support.  That will do it alright.  The critical question is how did that get unclicked in the first place?  If it’s default on the new bios everyone downloading that bios is going to have that problem. 

I don't know man, I can just say that for me, before the update everything was just fine

2 minutes ago, 3dgr9 said:

I don't know man, I can just say that for me, before the update everything was just fine

Weird.  Well if there are a bajillion more of those with that update on that motherboard the problem will be known.