Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can't block stuff on mikrotik.

So I'm trying to block internet access.

It works partly, all the websites are blocked except google.

All the google websites aren't blocked,

i.e. google, YouTube, and everything else google related. So I also blocked the google dns, 

witch I think works. But google still doesn't get blocked.

 

I also am trying to limit the internet speed, witch also kind of works.

Only problem with that is google, it just bypasses the speed limit.

 

tl;dr: google gae.

 

So how do I block google, and make it comply with the firewall rules I set up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of trying to block google, why not just uninstall it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

-= Locked for Moderation =-

 

-= Topic Cleaned =-

Keep comments civil and within the constraints of the Community Standards.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

 

Spoiler

 †  

 

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

 

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

 

My phones are a Samsung Note 20 and a Samsung S9+

 

🇺🇸   About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46   🇺🇸

 

 CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, im_not_200iq said:

So I'm trying to block internet access.

To what end? Is this going to be on a device by device basis? Are you trying to block certain sites and services? What are you trying to accomplish? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

To what end? Is this going to be on a device by device basis? Are you trying to block certain sites and services? What are you trying to accomplish? 

I'm trying to block on a device by device basis. And I want to completely block internet access, that includes everything. Lan is fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, im_not_200iq said:

I'm trying to block on a device by device basis. And I want to completely block internet access, that includes everything. Lan is fine.

Most routers I have come across allow you to block internet access via MAC address. I would look in to parental controls or MAC address filtering. Just be aware that if someone using one of those devices spoofs the MAC address they could gain access back to the internet. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Most routers I have come across allow you to block internet access via MAC address. I would look in to parental controls or MAC address filtering. Just be aware that if someone using one of those devices spoofs the MAC address they could gain access back to the internet. 

That wont be an issue, but how familiar are you with routeros?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, im_not_200iq said:

That wont be an issue, but how familiar are you with routeros?

Not at all. I just know out of the many different routers I have used over the years. That these are basic features that are included. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Not at all. I just know out of the many different routers I have used over the years. That these are basic features that are included. 

RouterOs is much different from your average router.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, im_not_200iq said:

RouterOs is much different from your average router.

Yeah. So was DDWRT. Like I said, these are basic features built in to like every router. You just gotta figure out where the features are located, what they are called. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×