Pc Part Picking Help

Swampy19

Budget (including currency): $1200 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Ahh a bit of this and a bit of that

Other details: G'day ladys and gents, and all in between. Firstly id like to say thanks for checking out the topic.

Im building a pc for my mum and essentially, I have'nt build a rig in a while and id just like to ensure all the componants ive picked out are going to work like bees and honey. 

A couple of things you should know:

It needs to be quick

It should last a long while

Shes not an extremely intesnive user, however she is a teacher and uses a wide variety of programs 

Yes, she will get a gpu, just not while you can get a 1050ti for the price of a 1070 lol (so she will be needing dedicated graphics for a while)

Ive got no experience with dedicated graphics so if she is to get a new monitor later on, can she still run 144hz on dedicated?

Again I appreciate your time and help and I look foward to hearing back. The system will need to be bought kind of asap so the sooner the better

p.s. Ive been using pccasegear as im located in Australia. Ive bought from them many many times so i have no quarms with them and idealy would like to keep using them. Mwave and Scorptec are also ok :)

p.s.s also I am aware having 5 pcs that she doesnt need water cooling necessarily or RGB, however she does want something to be proud of. She really likes the case, and she does live In a hotter climate 

Mums_PC.PNG

Honestly, if she doesn't need the computer for gaming or anything editing heavy, you may not need a graphics card at all. I have a i7-9700k and its integrated graphics are able to work for me if I'm just doing schoolwork. Also low intensity games like Val and CSGO work fine.

Btw love the case option.

Don't sleep on sleeper PCs

4 minutes ago, BeastyB314 said:

Honestly, if she doesn't need the computer for gaming or anything editing heavy, you may not need a graphics card at all. I have a i7-9700k and its integrated graphics are able to work for me if I'm just doing schoolwork. Also low intensity games like Val and CSGO work fine.

Btw love the case option.

Thats awesome to hear, she does want to play some older titles such as TWD but thats only if and when she gest time, and thats also not a demanding title. 

Honestly your part selection looks great. The only change I would make is the SSD. Samsung drives tend to be overpriced and considering that she is a teacher she might want a little more storage than 500gb... I would go with something like this. Slightly cheaper and more capacity. Yes I know that the read and write speeds aren't as good but 3.5 gb/s is still pretty fast. 

3 minutes ago, char3327 said:

Honestly your part selection looks great. The only change I would make is the SSD. Samsung drives tend to be overpriced and considering that she is a teacher she might want a little more storage than 500gb... I would go with something like this. Slightly cheaper and more capacity. Yes I know that the read and write speeds aren't as good but 3.5 gb/s is still pretty fast. 

Awesome stuff char, thanks heaps for the suggestion! 

i did another list you can buy, for the case i just put a random one just for a placeholder. 

since she is a teacher she would want better cores and the 5600x delivers that. 

if you want to cheap out you can get the 5600g instead of the 5600x and not get a gpu. the 5600g has better intgraded graphics than the i5. the gpu isnt the best its a %15 better than the 1050 ti.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/dyx7K3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($399.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($148.77 @ Kogan) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($118.94 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($80.58 @ Amazon Australia) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 G5 4 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  ($439.00 @ I-Tech) 
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.00 @ Kogan) 
Power Supply: EVGA GD (2019) 600 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($69.00 @ BPC Technology) 
Total: $1364.29
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-15 11:23 AEST+1000

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

40 minutes ago, Swampy19 said:

Budget (including currency): $1200 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Ahh a bit of this and a bit of that

Other details: G'day ladys and gents, and all in between. Firstly id like to say thanks for checking out the topic.

Im building a pc for my mum and essentially, I have'nt build a rig in a while and id just like to ensure all the componants ive picked out are going to work like bees and honey. 

A couple of things you should know:

It needs to be quick

It should last a long while

Shes not an extremely intesnive user, however she is a teacher and uses a wide variety of programs 

Yes, she will get a gpu, just not while you can get a 1050ti for the price of a 1070 lol (so she will be needing dedicated graphics for a while)

Ive got no experience with dedicated graphics so if she is to get a new monitor later on, can she still run 144hz on dedicated?

Again I appreciate your time and help and I look foward to hearing back. The system will need to be bought kind of asap so the sooner the better

p.s. Ive been using pccasegear as im located in Australia. Ive bought from them many many times so i have no quarms with them and idealy would like to keep using them. Mwave and Scorptec are also ok 🙂

p.s.s also I am aware having 5 pcs that she doesnt need water cooling necessarily or RGB, however she does want something to be proud of. She really likes the case, and she does live In a hotter climate 

Mums_PC.PNG

Pretty horrendous but not the worst ive seen

That case is overpriced, maybe get a mesh case insteadl? Cause that case looks like it has no airflow

Why so much rgb? Its a waste of money and your mum isnt guaranteed to like a pink pc + rgb and also having to control that rgb software

120mm aios are flaming garbage and a cheap tower like the freezer 34 or se 224 xt will crush any puny 120mm aios

For being rgb the fans are actually at a decent price, but i highly suggest ditching the rgb cause what kind of parent would like rainbow puke on their pc unless if they are actually into pcs?

Board is horrendously overpriced, find a cheaper one (avoid the asus prime series, their vrms are garbage)

Honestly just get a 5600g, same price but much better efficiency and faster igpu

Rams are also horrendously overpriced, thats literally the price of a 32gb 3200mhz cl16 kit

Your mom isnt doing server workloads for a gen4 ssd to even make a difference at all, just get a gen3 ssd like the a2000

Tldr : parents most likely do not give a sht about rgb or outright hate it, for all i know parents will be completely fine with a regular black box and nothing more

Ditch the uneccesary crap (rgb, aio, ssd, etc), for cheaper alternatives

9 minutes ago, adarw said:

i did another list you can buy, for the case i just put a random one just for a placeholder. 

since she is a teacher she would want better cores and the 5600x delivers that. 

if you want to cheap out you can get the 5600g instead of the 5600x and not get a gpu. the 5600g has better intgraded graphics than the i5. the gpu isnt the best its a %15 better than the 1050 ti.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/dyx7K3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($399.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($148.77 @ Kogan) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($118.94 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($80.58 @ Amazon Australia) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 G5 4 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  ($439.00 @ I-Tech) 
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.00 @ Kogan) 
Power Supply: EVGA GD (2019) 600 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($69.00 @ BPC Technology) 
Total: $1364.29
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-15 11:23 AEST+1000

Thanks Mate for the reply. Ill really avoid GPUs at this moment, atleast the brand new market untill they eventaully and hopefully come back to earth. Good point however about the 5600gs IG, i completely forgot this option existed, however it does slightly bump up the budget price, but i could prolly make compromises else where 🙂

9 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Pretty horrendous but not the worst ive seen

That case is overpriced, maybe get a mesh case insteadl? Cause that case looks like it has no airflow

Why so much rgb? Its a waste of money and your mum isnt guaranteed to like a pink pc + rgb and also having to control that rgb software

120mm aios are flaming garbage and a cheap tower like the freezer 34 or se 224 xt will crush any puny 120mm aios

For being rgb the fans are actually at a decent price, but i highly suggest ditching the rgb cause what kind of parent would like rainbow puke on their pc unless if they are actually into pcs?

Board is horrendously overpriced, find a cheaper one (avoid the asus prime series, their vrms are garbage)

Honestly just get a 5600g, same price but much better efficiency and faster igpu

Rams are also horrendously overpriced, thats literally the price of a 32gb 3200mhz cl16 kit

Your mom isnt doing server workloads for a gen4 ssd to even make a difference at all, just get a gen3 ssd like the a2000

Tldr : parents most likely do not give a sht about rgb or outright hate it, for all i know parents will be completely fine with a regular black box and nothing more

Ditch the uneccesary crap (rgb, aio, ssd, etc), for cheaper alternatives

Thanks for the reply!

The case may be overpriced and may not of been my first choice, however I have seen reviews stating its ok quality for price and at the end of the day its what my mum wanted over a typical black box. The 120mm aio has to outperform a standard air cooler (having owned one in the past, I would know) and being one of the cheapest alternatives for me seemed like a no brainer. Better themals, better lifepan yada yada, im sure you know. The fan choice purely came down to cost, and seeing they wernt much more than its standard black counterparts, for the sake of aesthetics and consistency with the cooler (depsite being different shroud colours) again seemed like a good idea. 

I forgot to state above which is my fault that mobo was only picked due to its wifi integraton, yes im aware i could goof around with a dongle, like I have before but thats just something else to go wrong, and to keep things simple, might aswell remove that variable all together. Thankfully my sister, who is also into pc's will be building the pc (i live 1700km from my mum), and she will be able to handle setting the rgb up to something more calm and stable. Again i should of added that in the main post, its my first forum post more than likely ever. The ram is essentially based in Pccasegears prices (they are a main part supplier here in aus), i know its not cheap and not perfect but in todays market what is haha. Cool point on the SSD, i really just wanted something uber fast (shes going from an inspiron laptop, so an upgrade in speed wouldnt be hard lol). Ill look into slower cheaper SSD's