Should I just liquid cool my 5900X?

FED
5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

80c is fine and nothing to worry about.

Is the system too noisy?

Yeah, Freezer 34 is cheap and good, but sounds like a mini jet engine at 100%.

26 minutes ago, FED said:

Yeah, Freezer 34 is cheap and good, but sounds like a mini jet engine at 100%.

Most coolers are noisy at 100% rpm. Is there any reason you'd want to run it at 100%?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Most coolers are noisy at 100% rpm. Is there any reason you'd want to run it at 100%?

Above 70 degrees I don't think I have a choice with it. It does the job but it definitely needs to ramp up to 100%.

12 minutes ago, FED said:

Above 70 degrees I don't think I have a choice with it. It does the job but it definitely needs to ramp up to 100%.

You can set a custom fan curve so that it's not as high rpm at 70c. The cpu will only boost within thermal limits.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:42 PM, freeagent said:

I have seen it do 230w+ ppt in R23.. it is savage under those conditions, one of the few times I crave a loop 🙂

Not gonna lie but I have hit OTP a few times running R23.. but winter is coming and that will help. Sorry for the blurry pic, it’s from hwbot. https://hwbot.org/submission/4790282_freeagent_cinebench___r23_multi_core_with_benchmate_ryzen_9_5900x_24421_ptsimage.thumb.jpeg.b7ebc4fc6888c9052d2dc7960bf088f3.jpeg 

Did my test, but did not see as much detail as you did

00.png

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | NZXT H510 Elite

Corsair Vengeance Pro 64GB (4x16GB) 3600MHz | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super

NZXT Kraken X53 240mm AIO | Corsair RMx Series 1000W | HTC Vive Pro w/ FBT VR

2x 1TB M.2 Samsung 980 Pro | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO SSD | 4TB IronWolf | 2TB Barracuda

Main Uses: Desktop & VR Gaming, Unity & Blender, Python & C# Dev, DAWs/Abelton and Testing VMs