bug testing poll DO NOT VOTE!

Dragonwinged

poll test  

21 members have voted

1. 1. poll test.

• test 1
    • test 2

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on Sep 14, 2021 at 01:49 AM

So here's the bug. If you create a poll that allows multiple choices to be selected, it needs to be that the total number of total number of people who voted for that option divided by the total number of voters. That would result in this poll displaying 100% for both answers. I'm the only one who voted, and I voted for both options. But instead, it shows 50% for voth options. The math on the poll calculator needs to be redone to fix this.

9 minutes ago, Dragonwinged said:

I'm the only one who voted, and I voted for both options. But instead, it shows 50% for voth options. The math on the poll calculator needs to be redone to fix this.

That's 2 votes, 1 vote for each should come out to 50%. The vote is calculated based on the number of votes, not the number of users.

I'm not looking for total percantage of the total votes, I'd like it to display total number of votes for option over total number of voters. In a poll where rhere is two options, with both options selected out of one voter, that would come out to 100% for that option.

My guess is, the current algorithm that decides polls on the forum is "total number of votes for option/total votes". In versus polls this works just fine, but in cumulative polls, it results in really low figures, especially for multiple choice polls. The algorithm needs to be changed to "total number of votes for option/total number of voters". So your algorithm is off by one letter.

3 minutes ago, Dragonwinged said:

The algorithm needs to be changed to "total number of votes for option/total number of voters". So your algorithm is off by one letter.

You'd like to see how many % of people chose/clicked option X.

The current system shows how many % of clicks went to option X.

These are just two different statistics. Neither of them is technically wrong. 

Daily Struggle | Know Your Meme

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro