Be Quiet Silent Base 802 Inverted fan configuration

Esau
Go to solution Solved by freeagent,

I use to run a reverse ATX type setup. Same rules apply as normal cooling.

Hello guys! First time poster here with a question that's been really bugging me. 

I am thinking about purchasing a Silent Base 802 from Be Quiet and building an inverted build. For reasons of space I can only have my build on my left hand side and would really like a window so I can look into it. (picture of setup attached) 

My build consists of a 5900x aircooled by a Noctua NH-D15 and a 3070ti Suprim from MSI. (rest of the parts are irelevant) 

In the inverted setup, should I add a couple of fans as intake to the top of the case? Considering it has a filter and the normally back exaust is now near the bottom, would the additional airflow help with gpu temps? 

A top mounted exausted is traditional but I feel it would suck the air from the gpu (since it is a triple slot card) and would like to avoid suffocating it. 

What do you guys think? 

PS. Monitor arm is coming so will fix the cables once it's here

Vwsypi3.jpeg

I have the same case and love it, it's a very well built case. While I personally haven't attempted an inverted layout, I know how it's supposed to be done, and can assure you that you can have a couple intake fans on the top. While I wouldn't necessarily recommend that configuration, if you do an inverted fan layout (intake on the top/back, exhaust on the front) it should work pretty well.

Intake at the back without a filter sounds like a good way to fill the case up with dust... 

I use to run a reverse ATX type setup. Same rules apply as normal cooling.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14