looking for mmo+ my mmo ideas

Dragonwinged

I'm looking for a good mmo to play. Some criteria i'm looking for is a game with combat mechanics, a pvp capability, although not the main focus, and where people can use a chatbox to yell insults at each other.

So here's the thing, according to games critic and developer Yahtzee Croshaw, game ideas are a dime a dozen, so noone's going to steal your idea. After which he made a video talking about the ideas he would steal. So I'll keep things general.

How many of you have heard of the game series "infamous" it's created by the developers Sucker Punch and so far has three main entries: Infamous on PS3, Infamous 2 on PS3, and Infamous Second Son on PS4. It's a game about a character who gets granted super powers, and the player has to decide (based on a morality scale) what to do with those powers. Basically, I want this as an MMO. Everyone gets super powers, and its totally up to the player what to do with them.

Secondly, about my search for an MMO, obviously giving out personal information is a big no-no, so don't do that. However aside from that, an MMO that features both a chatbox and PVP combat means that harsh, inflammatory insults can and likely will be moderated by the players, primarily in the form of a knuckle sandwich, or a fireball to the face. And in a game that features a wide variety of superpowers, ranging from flight and super strength to shapeshifting, you'll have a lot of stuff to argue about before you get to anything in real life.

11 hours ago, Dragonwinged said:

I'm looking for a good mmo to play. Some criteria i'm looking for is a game with combat mechanics, a pvp capability, although not the main focus, and where people can use a chatbox to yell insults at each other.

Those criteria basically fit every MMO lol. I played FF XIV and Guild Ward 2 a bit some years ago. They were fun.

11 hours ago, Dragonwinged said:

However aside from that, an MMO that features both a chatbox and PVP combat means that harsh, inflammatory insults can and likely will be moderated by the players, primarily in the form of a knuckle sandwich, or a fireball to the face. And in a game that features a wide variety of superpowers, ranging from flight and super strength to shapeshifting, you'll have a lot of stuff to argue about before you get to anything in real life.

So something like Ark or Rust, but with superpowers? In any case, you'll need to find one or multiple studios to work with you. To do that you need lots of money, and something to show for to convince them your idea is worth developing.

Allowing that kind of free reign in moderation is really difficult to implement though. That will pretty much guarantee a group of strong characters harassing everyone by just killing everbody around constantly for no reason. If it's literally up to the people the game will be dead in the water quickly I think.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

I'm more curious on what MMO games you are playing that don't have a chatbox..