Sapphire Toxic R9 280X Tri-X and dual PSU "setup"

Leaking Oil

So, recently my laptop has been performing really badly and I wanted to upgrade the old family computer no one uses and make it a daily/light gaming machine. 
I have gotten a new PSU for it, an SSD instead of an HDD, added two sticks of ram to the system and the final part would be getting a new GPU that is decently inexepnsive at these time. R9 series was probably the best I could find under 80 bucks. 

Yesterday I was looking at this three fan Sapphire Toxic R9 280X Tri-X and on google I saw that it requires a 2x8 pin connection.

My new LC Power LC500H-12 doesn't have enough juice to run a 650w minimum GPU...

But I got an amazing idea to combine my new LC500H-12 with my old LC5550V2.2 from 2014.
only issue is that neither of them has two 8 pin connectors
LC500H-12 has a 6 pin only but the LC5550V2.2 has a single 6+2 

So, I got an idea to use the LC500H-12 for the mobo, CPU and other stuff but to use the LC5550V2.2 with a few adapters for the GPU...

Basically, I want to get two 2x molex to 6 pin adapters and then get a single 2x6 to 8 pin adapter so I can have the 2x8 connectors I need for the R9 280X Tri-X 

I'm Decently sure that it will work since molex cables can give up to 50W per pin which should be enough if I used four pins of molex. 

So, should I experiment with adapters and try to run it or ditch that idea, spend 100 bucks on a 800W PSU and not f*ck around with adapters?

PC: CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 I GPU: R9 280X I Ram: 4x2GB No Name 800mhz DDR2 I Storage: SSD1: Patriot Burst 480 GB SSD2: SanDisk Standard Plus 1TB I PSU: Raidmax RX-500XT I Case: Some old Antec case from the late 2000's  

Crap power supply + Crap power supply ≠ Good power supply

2 minutes ago, Leaking Oil said:

or ditch that idea, spend 100 bucks on a 800W PSU and not f*ck around with adapters?

This.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Crap power supply + Crap power supply ≠ Good power supply

This.

Yup, I ordered an LC Power LC8650II 80+ PSU and the R9 280X just to be safe 

PC: CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 I GPU: R9 280X I Ram: 4x2GB No Name 800mhz DDR2 I Storage: SSD1: Patriot Burst 480 GB SSD2: SanDisk Standard Plus 1TB I PSU: Raidmax RX-500XT I Case: Some old Antec case from the late 2000's  

3 hours ago, Leaking Oil said:

Yup, I ordered an LC Power LC8650II 80+ PSU and the R9 280X just to be safe 

You just ordered a terrible psu. It's probably worse than doing that dual psu thing.

Cancel the order and get a A or B tier unit from the psu tier list.

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list/

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

You just ordered a terrible psu. It's probably worse than doing that dual psu thing.

Cancel the order and get a A or B tier unit from the psu tier list.

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list/

See, the point is that I need a 2x8 pin PSU and I don't know which one of those have 2x8 pin's for the GPU. Also everyone hates LC Power but I've never had a single issue in the 10 years I had LC Power PSU's 

Not to mention, a professional recommend me that exact PSU so like, idk 

44 minutes ago, Leaking Oil said:

See, the point is that I need a 2x8 pin PSU and I don't know which one of those have 2x8 pin's for the GPU. Also everyone hates LC Power but I've never had a single issue in the 10 years I had LC Power PSU's 

Not to mention, a professional recommend me that exact PSU so like, idk 

You legit got lucky. I'd take a bunch of reports of failiure over something a dude in the store recommends from some rando brand. (yeah I know they've been around for a long time but their stuff is so random in quality).

Also any of those a and b tiers of 500w+ will 100% have AT LEAST 2x8pin for the gpu.

59 minutes ago, Leaking Oil said:

a professional recommend me that exact PSU

Brainless professionals are doing weird things. That unit is launched 10 years ago and was already aged at that time.

LC Power German brand who makes everything but as guys told you terrible PSUs..

R9 280 3xx take a lot of amps and you need good quality PSU.

Get yourself RX 5xx series if you can because with R9 electricity bills will cost you more then your card monthly...

as for PSUs even Corsair CX TX is better choice not to mention CM V series...if you can't afford like 100 euro PSU then I'm sorry man..

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

You legit got lucky. I'd take a bunch of reports of failiure over something a dude in the store recommends from some rando brand. (yeah I know they've been around for a long time but their stuff is so random in quality).

Also any of those a and b tiers of 500w+ will 100% have AT LEAST 2x8pin for the gpu.

So would a Gigabyte P650B Be alright? 

25 minutes ago, frozensun said:

LC Power German brand who makes everything but as guys told you terrible PSUs..

R9 280 3xx take a lot of amps and you need good quality PSU.

Get yourself RX 5xx series if you can because with R9 electricity bills will cost you more then your card monthly...

as for PSUs even Corsair CX TX is better choice not to mention CM V series...if you can't afford like 100 euro PSU then I'm sorry man..

I never actually knew that LC Power had issues, probably my mistake for not doing research. Also, thanks for making me feel poor 👍

49 minutes ago, Leaking Oil said:

So would a Gigabyte P650B Be alright? 

Even worse. These are units that just fail at random. Nothing has to prompt it they just die. If you can get a msi mpg 650w, enermax revolution d.f. 650w or corsair rm(x) 650w

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Even worse. These are units that just fail at random. Nothing has to prompt it they just die. If you can get a msi mpg 650w, enermax revolution d.f. 650w or corsair rm(x) 650w

So basically, don't get anything under 90 bucks 

2 hours ago, Leaking Oil said:

See, the point is that I need a 2x8 pin PSU and I don't know which one of those have 2x8 pin's for the GPU.

Literally any/all of them. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Literally any/all of them. 

Can a Corsair 650W CMPSU-650TXV2 do the job? 

37 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Will a corsair Corsair 650W CMPSU-650TXV2 be okay? 

1 hour ago, Leaking Oil said:

Will a corsair Corsair 650W CMPSU-650TXV2 be okay? 

Whilst older it's good.

17 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Whilst older it's good.

Finally, I'm either going to go with the enermax revolution d.f. 650w or the corsair CMPSU-650TXV2

11 hours ago, Leaking Oil said:

Finally, I'm either going to go with the enermax revolution d.f. 650w or the corsair CMPSU-650TXV2

Get the revolution it's newer and beter

14 hours ago, Leaking Oil said:

I never actually knew that LC Power had issues, probably my mistake for not doing research. Also, thanks for making me feel poor 👍

Just avoid LC Power and cheap brands..for your own good,bad power supply could and will give you huge headaches and you don't need that.

As I said before PSU is the most important component inside PC and never spare on that...

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.