Sound proofing in my apartment

Stoigeboiii

I'd say my budget is up to $1000 and my room is 16ft by 10ft (not all of it needs to be covered right? I have a desk and book shelves in some places). I currently use it to watch TV, play games, and work. Sometimes the TV and/or myself can be pretty loud. Can anyone recommend sound proofing panels that might be able to do the job also would like to be able to hang them non-destructively with something like command hooks. 

Not really trying to stop echo mainly trying to minimize amount of sound other people in apartment and neighbors can hear

There are no panels for sound proofing. You need a closed and decoupled volume to get any form of isolation. So either a room-in-room concept or everything including walls, ceiling, windows, the door and floor needs to be covered with a second decoupled layer.

You might be able to make a noticeable difference by closing any cracks and holes to make the room basically airtight. But sound will still bleed from the room.

If your bass or speakers are placed with a solid connection (hard against hard), you might lower what vibrations is transferred to that surface with some sort of rubber/foam or tip legs on them. 

How much difference it makes I am not sure about tho.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

a headphone pulse a tube amp combo. like our Australian friends mentioned above. or, you can put foam all over the walls and ceiling and (floor) { unless you are on a concrete slab}. with  3 inch thick from home depot. and cover that with rigid insulation foam 3 inch thick. that will help.

The oldest trick on the book:

Putting carpet on the wall, floor, and ceilling.

Arguably you can DIY rockwool panel, but I don't think it worths the hassle.

Soudproofing is a matter of decoupled  mass. If you could suspend a brick room inside a room you would have success. You can reduce noise easily but completely stopping it requires very thick medium density material like 30 cm rock-wool and double 16mm plasterboard walls or Concrete.

While the decoupling thing is true, you can use some form of insulation,  and yes, all sides of the room including floor and ceiling.  Its not going to cancel out everything but improve things quite a bit probably. 

I used this to close a hole in the floor, and it works really well, and I read people actually use it for sound proofing , if you see the stuff in person you'll understand (its really 'thick')

20210912_153236.thumb.jpg.6cd6ba89edbfa1590c6c2f90962c7732.jpg

On 8/31/2021 at 2:06 AM, Stoigeboiii said:

not all of it needs to be covered right?

No, wrong, every wall, floor, ceiling needs to be fully covered,  including doors... windows,  i guess not but that will be a weak point. 

PS: something like this would work too, and easier to apply. 

Screenshot_20210912-203051_Drive.thumb.jpg.4c91a67f17667e1af8299d5583c53252.jpg

"34 decibel" reduction with their strongest they say... that's like a lot and probably the maximum you can expect 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Here is two valuable forums on the subject. Search and you'll find some great examples. Ask and you'll get good answers.

I have designed a quite a few recording studios and the main thing to grasp is that Air leaks mean sound leaks. also when you mount things the less screws you use the better and don't tighten stuff all the way, use plenty of cheap acrylic gap sealer.

The first vocal booth I built was very disappointing. The first time the door was screwed on I got someone to go into the room and yell.....I could hear them clearly.

So do it once and do it right. Get as much advice as possible from experienced people or you may spend a lot of time and money to not have the desired effect.

If you are going to build a room in a room, use 2 layers of gyprock/plaster board on the outer most layer, join the layers together with gap sealer and try to have a few millimeters gap between the layers..

http://johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/index.php

https://gearspace.com/board/studio-building-acoustics/