Spare 200$ Need help finding what to upgrade

thepizzatree

Budget (including currency): 200$ (2000 NOK) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Semi-heavy Gaming and normal day-to-day use.

Hi! I have some spare cash and i need help finding out what to upgrade. I am currently running:

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

RAM - 4x HyperX Fury 3200MHz 8GB (32GB Total)

PSU - Corsair RM850

AIO - Corsair H100x 240mm Rad, dual 120 fans

Storage - 1x WD Black 1T M.2 SSD, 2x 1TB Samsung 870 SSD

GPU - MSI Gaming Z Trio 10G LHR RTX 3080

Monitor - Acer  27" Predator XB271HU (165hz OC), AOC 1080p 60hz (Just for discord and monitoring software)

Case - ASUS TUF GT501

I'm happy with the case and all the perifirals. So i'm wondering what to upgrade next. I've been thinking about a tripple slot rad, but i'm not sure since i don't really have any cooling issues.

I mostly play story focused single player games, some Star Wars old republic, and planning to get BF2042. 

Any and all tips appriciated :) 

Go full mega baller and start working on a custom loop?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

that is more or less the high end of gaming.

more RAM if you want to do other workloads but likely not needed.

cooling could be a big thing, something you have to see what temps you are getting.

there can be newer gens coming, but upgrading that early would just not be worth it and a lot of wasted money.

the future where DDR5 might make a difference, sadly it needs cooling and more complex.

in 2 or 3 future generations ram or storage to GPU could begin to matter. (direct storage or other various stuff and maybe ECC if that will be good)

14 minutes ago, thepizzatree said:

Budget (including currency): 200$ (2000 NOK) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Semi-heavy Gaming and normal day-to-day use.

Hi! I have some spare cash and i need help finding out what to upgrade. I am currently running:

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

RAM - 4x HyperX Fury 3200MHz 8GB (32GB Total)

PSU - Corsair RM850

AIO - Corsair H100x 240mm Rad, dual 120 fans

Storage - 1x WD Black 1T M.2 SSD, 2x 1TB Samsung 870 SSD

GPU - MSI Gaming Z Trio 10G LHR RTX 3080

Monitor - Acer  27" Predator XB271HU (165hz OC), AOC 1080p 60hz (Just for discord and monitoring software)

Case - ASUS TUF GT501

I'm happy with the case and all the perifirals. So i'm wondering what to upgrade next. I've been thinking about a tripple slot rad, but i'm not sure since i don't really have any cooling issues.

I mostly play story focused single player games, some Star Wars old republic, and planning to get BF2042. 

Any and all tips appriciated 🙂

If the pc is delivering the performance you expect, and have no complaints, then you dont need to upgrade

You're happy with perhipherals, performance is up to spec, you pretty much have the highest end components, what reason is there to upgrade anything. Aside from a full custom loop, which will exceed that $200 instantly, nothing with that combination of specs and budget.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

13 minutes ago, tikker said:

You're happy with perhipherals, performance is up to spec, you pretty much have the highest end components, what reason is there to upgrade anything. Aside from a full custom loop, which will exceed that $200 instantly, nothing with that combination of specs and budget.

I was just wondering if i had missed something. 

I have spent such a long time now slowly building my pc that i guess its wierd to have some money and to not spend it on pc parts.

Guys!! Obviously the screen is the answer. You can go for a 4k monitor that is 32 inches curved and is 75+ hz with that 3080 you are getting. 

Honestly if you are going to be only gaming and you arent playing competitive titles, than you are WASTİNG money on your cpu, just get a 5600x instead.  maybe a different motherboard as well(I hate asus). With the saving from there get a 4k monitor. You will upgrade the pc before you need 8 cores anyways(4-5 years)

the types of games you mentioned deffinitely needs a 4k monitor, pereferably the new high hertz ones

2 hours ago, kamisis12 said:

the types of games you mentioned deffinitely needs a 4k monitor, pereferably the new high hertz ones

You won't get a high refresh rate 4k monitor for $200 though.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

17 hours ago, tikker said:

You won't get a high refresh rate 4k monitor for $200 though.

Cut down on the cpu to a 5600x, combine that money with the 200 usd then you can definitely get a good 4k screen

43 minutes ago, kamisis12 said:

Cut down on the cpu to a 5600x, combine that money with the 200 usd then you can definitely get a good 4k screen

Sure, bu t they already have the CPU. No point in selling it now and downgrading.

I mean you could just get the 5900X. I think it's an overall better value than a 5800X at the moment. More storage is a good bet as well, get a 4TB SSD if you can find one at a decent price. Or just save the $200.