Looking for help/advice on old consoles to 4kTV

Rocket199

Hey folks!

First time posting on here so be gentile!

I have recently purchased a new TV for my living room and I'm trying to go for a home theater setup, I'm very happy with the new TV and sound setup I have for movies but something got me thinking.. How could it be better?

I remember back in the day of playing games with friends in the same room like Mario Kart and Tekken Tag Tournament and being able to actually whack someone for getting you with the blue turtle shell etc, it made for great times! LOL

So I'm wanting to get a play station 2 and a N64 for those 2 games specifically and have them connected to the TV. My question is, is there some kind of box that i can connect them to and will display to the TV correctly? There is some adapters I have found that have very limited output and wouldn't work with my TV, something I don't have to switch cables around when I want to change consoles, perhaps just change source? I'm not sure. There are so many different options that I have found but don't offer exactly what I'm looking for. I feel like Anthony touched on this topic at some point but cannot find the video. The TV I bought is 86NANO90UPA (Not the greatest I know but its what I got) Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

I believe he talked about it in the intel upgrade vid

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

47 minutes ago, Rocket199 said:

is there some kind of box that i can connect them to and will display to the TV correctly?

yes these

https://www.retrotink.com/

umm I think you should also get

a RCA switcher and plug that in to the tink box.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

For PS2 -
You can always go with emulation. It will obviously depend on your PC's capabilities, but any 2nd gen i3 and GTX 600 card will do PS2 emulation. I also find this convenient for being able to use controllers of my choosing instead of trying to hunt down a good condition Dualshock 2.

That being said, you can hook it right up and use it. I've had good experience with the "PS2HDMI adapters" you can find them all over amazon and ebay. It's basically just a component to HDMI adapter that plugs right into the PS2 video output.

The "best of the best" with official hardware would be a back compatible PS3 (CECHA preferably). This and emulation is my solution to playing PS2 games on my 4k TV. 

For SNES -
Again, emulation is always an option, SNES is very easy to emulate.

For the best video output on original hardware, getting the SCART connection to the TV is typically the way to go. I'm not super familiar with SNES, but I know the Retrolink is popular for it.

Would a modded SNES classic do everything you're looking for? 

Sorry for the late reply folks, I ended up going component to HDMI it just seems like it gives a slightly better image compared to composite. As far as multiple outputs come to find out the ps2 can emulate other consoles so mario kart shouldn't be an issue when I can just use one for them all. Thank you all for the help, much appreciated!

On 9/5/2021 at 11:32 AM, Rocket199 said:

Sorry for the late reply folks, I ended up going component to HDMI it just seems like it gives a slightly better image compared to composite. As far as multiple outputs come to find out the ps2 can emulate other consoles so mario kart shouldn't be an issue when I can just use one for them all. Thank you all for the help, much appreciated!

You should see about getting a hdmi switch, so you can run multiple consoles at once without having to disconnect and reconnect, when you want to switch systems.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hdmi+switch&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-3-port-hdmi-switch-with-4k-and-hdr-pass-through-black/6319221.p?skuId=6319221

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos