Ryzen 7 5800X and a 240mm AiO Cooling Question

RCorral

I have a Ryzen 7 5800X with a Corsair 240mm AiO with the radiator attached to the top and middle fan of my intake as push/pull cause my case (Corsair 465X) didn't let me put it on top of the case because I didn't account for the RAM sticks to get in the way. Had to know if temps are fine as it has been a few months since I have the PC and just now begin to check if things I have now is even considered normal. The reason for my concern is the the iCue shows that the cooler's temps stays around 36C and CPU stays around 42C on idle and under 100% load the cooler goes to 38C and CPU goes no higher than 73C. I wanted to make sure if its normal behavior for the CPU to be going up and downs its temps when my AiO seems to barely changes in temperature and also if the size I got ended up getting being too small for it. The fans (ML120) attached to the AiO controller are used at pull and runs at 2,500RPM and the fans (LL120) for the case are 3 intake (two of them are the push on the AiO) and 3 outtake on the Commander Pro at 1,500RPM because I just let the software take charge of the temps with the case fans change to quiet settings and the AiO left at balanced if that matters.

Leaving there the photos in relation to the AiO's location and its position.

CasePhoto1.png

CasePhoto2.png

CasePhoto3.png

On 8/27/2021 at 11:25 PM, RCorral said:

I have a Ryzen 7 5800X with a Corsair 240mm AiO with the radiator attached to the top and middle fan of my intake as push/pull cause my case (Corsair 465X) didn't let me put it on top of the case because I didn't account for the RAM sticks to get in the way. Had to know if temps are fine as it has been a few months since I have the PC and just now begin to check if things I have now is even considered normal. The reason for my concern is the the iCue shows that the cooler's temps stays around 36C and CPU stays around 42C on idle and under 100% load the cooler goes to 38C and CPU goes no higher than 73C. I wanted to make sure if its normal behavior for the CPU to be going up and downs its temps when my AiO seems to barely changes in temperature and also if the size I got ended up getting being too small for it. The fans (ML120) attached to the AiO controller are used at pull and runs at 2,500RPM and the fans (LL120) for the case are 3 intake (two of them are the push on the AiO) and 3 outtake on the Commander Pro at 1,500RPM because I just let the software take charge of the temps with the case fans change to quiet settings and the AiO left at balanced if that matters.

Leaving there the photos in relation to the AiO's location and its position.

If the system is stable then the numbers are just points on a benchmark. 

The cooler is fine and temps seem normal. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ok had to ask since I don't know what temps are fine and which will be "ok," but will lower its life span if I continue to use it like that for the next 5 years or so