WHICH COOLER SHOULD I BUY FOR MY PC AIR COOLER OR WATER COOLER

RISHIKESH ANIL

I am planning to build a pc which cooling option should I go for air cooling or water cooling51JZInPTzJL._SY450_.jpg.d4d3461a9993211d9110a8b6aa3b828b.jpg

61BuFaU3zUL._SX466_.jpg

No, neither is required. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

It depends on how power hungry the chip is. More watts equals higher thermals. TDP doesn't really mean anything, but it is a somewhat rough measure of what kind of cooling solution you should be looking towards. 65W and lower, you're generally fine with a single tower air cooler. 125W and higher you should probably go for a dual tower air cooler or AIO. You need a 280mm or larger rad to do better than an air cooler can achieve, but 240mm works as an alternative to a bigger dual tower if compatibility is an issue. Don't waste your time with anything smaller.

In general, I'd say go with an air cooler until you can't, i.e. a high end, power hungry CPU, that you probably plan on overclocking. In all other scenarios, air cooling is usually quieter and more reliable.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

58 minutes ago, RISHIKESH ANIL said:

I am planning to build a pc which cooling option should I go for air cooling or water cooling51JZInPTzJL._SY450_.jpg.d4d3461a9993211d9110a8b6aa3b828b.jpg

61BuFaU3zUL._SX466_.jpg

Are you the same person who asked about AMD vs Intel? Glad to see someone is keen to learn things 🙂

I suggest messing around on https://pcpartpicker.com (you can change the currency/country in the top right) and sending the list here and we can help you improve it from there. That's how I learned about PC parts and what works well, I used PCPartPicker and just looked at other peoples lists/builds.

To answer your question, it depends on personal preference, both are pretty efficient when it comes to cooling, so for me personally it's mostly about aesthetics and sound. Your PC will run quieter with water cooling because it's obviously not a fan running but instead water, and as for RGB it just depends if your budget allows.

Hope this helps 😄

Is this a serious thread?

How do you imagine RGB would be necessary for a PC build?

If water cooling was necessary, then why do you imagine air coolers exist?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, More Spencer said:

Are you the same person who asked about AMD vs Intel? Glad to see someone is keen to learn things 🙂

I suggest messing around on https://pcpartpicker.com (you can change the currency/country in the top right) and sending the list here and we can help you improve it from there. That's how I learned about PC parts and what works well, I used PCPartPicker and just looked at other peoples lists/builds.

To answer your question, it depends on personal preference, both are pretty efficient when it comes to cooling, so for me personally it's mostly about aesthetics and sound. Your PC will run quieter with water cooling because it's obviously not a fan running but instead water, and as for RGB it just depends if your budget allows.

Hope this helps 😄

yes am the same person who asked about intel vs amd

Just now, Middcore said:

Is this a serious thread?

If water cooling was necessary, then why do you imagine air coolers exist?

I think it is, he's just new and doesn't know much English from what I can tell c: 

3 hours ago, RISHIKESH ANIL said:

61BuFaU3zUL._SX466_.jpg

I personally would pick liquid because as well as it being cleaner looking it adds style to your build, i like to think it also helps to the overall airflow of your build to keep it nice and cool

7 hours ago, G_GenieBoy said:

I personally would pick liquid because as well as it being cleaner looking it adds style to your build, i like to think it also helps to the overall airflow of your build to keep it nice and cool

It also performs the same as a cooler half the price, and will have significantly more issues. 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

On 8/26/2021 at 5:30 AM, Middcore said:

This brings me joy, like, unsarcasticly

Futureproof your builds and try not to fry anything