Best Cpu cooler paste

Psycrovv
Go to solution Solved by gumpAUT,

The best thermal pastes in my opinion:

- Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme

- Arctic MX-5

- Noctua NT-H2

My favourite is the NT-H2

So im building a expensive pc and i just need some cooler paste to seal the deal.

I tryed to google best cooler paste but that is like google for ur health concerns and we all dont want to do that.

For my last pc i used th epaste that came with noctua air cooler and 5 later it still cools great.

But i guess in 5 years something most have changed for the better or worse.

My cpu will be i9-11900k with Noctua nh-u12 A air cooler since i have been using ther products for all my pc.

And im gona OC the cpu a littel. Mostly a standart OC

I found this ProlimaTech PK-3 Nano Aluminum and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut that should be on the top 5 list.

So what is thé best cpu coolerpaste.

Money is not a problem.

thermal grizzly kryonaut is the  best syntetic non conductive paste i belive.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

MB: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gamming X470

GPU: ASUS ROG GeForce RTX 2060 Advanced ed

RAM: 4x8 DDR4 G.skill TridentZ 3000Mhz

Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4

OS Drive: PNY CS3030 1TB

Case: bequiet! Dark Base 900 PRO Rev2.0

PSU: XFX PRO 850W XXX 80+ Bronze

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Value: $3161 ($1003 with sales)
  • Games owned: 366
  • Games played: 293 (80%)
  • Hours on record: 9,679.5h

Take the extra money you have for the cooler and go from the u12a to a d15, the noctua thermal paste is pretty good and I would not go out and buy a different one.

The d15 is to huge for my ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO - Z590 - LGA1200 Atx but the 12 A is just right underthe d 12 in noctuas own score list with 10+ points in difference.

So i will stick with the 12 A

The best thermal pastes in my opinion:

- Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme

- Arctic MX-5

- Noctua NT-H2

My favourite is the NT-H2

The difference in temps between the "best" thermal paste and an "OK" thermal paste is like a couple degrees. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Any popular paste is fine. Can't go wrong with Thermal Grizzly. Arctic mx-5 is quite popular and offers great price to performance. I use Noctua H2 on everything except my GPU die, which has Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut.

Awsome !

I see this Grizzley paste comes in different form or tubes. What should i pick ?

5 minutes ago, Psycrovv said:

Awsome !

I see this Grizzley paste comes in different form or tubes. What should i pick ?

Smaller size is fine, 1 gram is plenty for a few applications.

This is such a bizarre thread. Everyone's just like, "Yeah, whatever works is fine. It's no big deal." Where's the fanboying and "well actually"-ing and talking down to people who have a different opinion? Is the Internet broken?

1 hour ago, Psycrovv said:

The d15 is to huge for my ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO - Z590 - LGA1200 Atx but the 12 A is just right underthe d 12 in noctuas own score list with 10+ points in difference.

Grab a U14 then, the 11900k is a pretty hot chip.

also, the noctua paste that comes with the cooler is very good

The thing is i bought some G skill royal triden Z that i want to be available for show and tell 😄

And these monsters like Nh 15 and 14 are Huge ass coolers. Im sur ethe NH u12A is a small beast.

They write its a 140 mm compressed to 120 mm

15 hours ago, Psycrovv said:

The thing is i bought some G skill royal triden Z that i want to be available for show and tell 😄

And these monsters like Nh 15 and 14 are Huge ass coolers. Im sur ethe NH u12A is a small beast.

They write its a 140 mm compressed to 120 mm

There is no replacement for displacement.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

18 hours ago, Psycrovv said:

So im building a expensive pc and i just need some cooler paste to seal the deal.

I tryed to google best cooler paste but that is like google for ur health concerns and we all dont want to do that.

For my last pc i used th epaste that came with noctua air cooler and 5 later it still cools great.

But i guess in 5 years something most have changed for the better or worse.

My cpu will be i9-11900k with Noctua nh-u12 A air cooler since i have been using ther products for all my pc.

And im gona OC the cpu a littel. Mostly a standart OC

I found this ProlimaTech PK-3 Nano Aluminum and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut that should be on the top 5 list.

So what is thé best cpu coolerpaste.

Money is not a problem.

You should use the thermal paste that comes with the nhu 12a. No need to buy your own. The difference between the nt-h1 and h2 is sooo tiny. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

23 hours ago, Psycrovv said:

What makes you think the NH-D15 won't fit? Noctua lists the that the NH-D15 and ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO are compatible on their website: https://ncc.noctua.at/motherboards/model/ASUS-ROG-Maximus-XIII-Hero-4637

What case are you using?

Link to the score list?

22 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

This is such a bizarre thread. Everyone's just like, "Yeah, whatever works is fine. It's no big deal." Where's the fanboying and "well actually"-ing and talking down to people who have a different opinion? Is the Internet broken?

The bundled NT-H1 is good so there's not much point in replacing it. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, freeagent said:

There is no replacement for displacement.

Yeah i can see that on ur profile picture haha 😄

Why even pay extra for RGB when you cant see it anyway.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What makes you think the NH-D15 won't fit? Noctua lists the that the NH-D15 and ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO are compatible on their website: https://ncc.noctua.at/motherboards/model/ASUS-ROG-Maximus-XIII-Hero-4637

What case are you using?

Link to the score list?

The bundled NT-H1 is good so there's not much point in replacing it. 

Im gona use either Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 or Phanteks Eclipse P500A DRGB

I cant choose cuz i like coolermaster and have allways used ther cases. So I feel wierd to buy another brand 😄

Like im cheating in a releationship 😄

It might fit on the mobo but then it will hide the Gskill royal trident Z ram blocks.

Just look at Freeagants profile picture that reminds me of my old pc..it was also like that haha

https://ncc.noctua.at/cpus/model/Intel-Core-i9-11900K-1288  169  vs 183 score

17 minutes ago, Psycrovv said:

Im gona use either Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 or Phanteks Eclipse P500A DRGB

it will hide the Gskill royal trident Z ram blocks.

The P500A DRGB would be better for cooling. 

It's a bit strange that you mind covering the Royal TridentZ when using noctua fans with their brown and beige colors but it's up to you what looks good. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, Psycrovv said:

Why even pay extra for RGB when you cant see it anyway.

Well.. this was my first set of DDR4 so I thought I would treat myself. I was also running a Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT with a TY-143, which has a sweet offset that lets you see your ram. If I took off the front fan on my current cooler you could see them. But I honestly give no fucks about the lights.. I just wanted the performance. That set of 3200C14 is testing @ 4466 C17 right now.. Next bump is C18 @ 4533.. but I have my doubts it will run.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

The P500A DRGB would be better for cooling. 

It's a bit strange that you mind covering the Royal TridentZ when using noctua fans with their brown and beige colors but it's up to you what looks good. 

Yes i know its a mismatchs but i dont like these Aio coolers or water systems..for me water dosent belong in hardware..1 faulty water drop and its bye bye 3080 ti rtx $$$$$

Also noctue is the best aircooler out there with several winning awards. So im loyal to ther products