Corsair H100X humming louder than 10 fans combined

The Corsair H100X is my first ever liquid cooler and so far, Im not so sure about it.

I have 10 fans installed in my system and they're all running. Still, the humming sound the pump is making is way more audible than the fans.

Does anyone have experience with AiOs? Is this normal behaviour or do most AiOs not produce any humming.

Thanks in advance!

how old is the cooler?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, whyisluistaken said:

2  days

how is the pump oriented in your case? Can you post a picture or 2?

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

how is the pump oriented in your case? Can you post a picture or 2?

The AIO is mounted vertically but with the tubes at the top and the pump being lower than the radiators outlets.

it doesn’t sound like air being trapped inside the pump. It sounds more like a really loud hard drive 

1 minute ago, whyisluistaken said:

The AIO is mounted vertically but with the tubes at the top and the pump being lower than the radiators outlets.

it doesn’t sound like air being trapped inside the pump. It sounds more like a really loud hard drive 

you may need to install corsair iCue and setup a pump speed profile assuming its PWM controllable or adjust the fan header its on in the BIOS to find a suitable noise level for your hearing. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

air might need to settle out of the pump. just give it some time