How to delete everything in a FTP folder using Python?

Go to solution Solved by C2dan88,

You first need to get a directory listing of the folder you want to delete use FTP.mlsd() method.

Then loop through the list  of files, pass the filename to  FTP.delete() method if it is a file or if it is a directory call FTP.rmd() method

Take a look at this stackoverflow topic for solutions

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10042838/delete-all-files-and-folders-after-connecting-to-ftp

So I use colab to copy files from my FTP server to my drive using this code (i've 

import os
os.chdir("/content/drive/Shareddrives/HAHSCollage/")
!wget -c -m --ftp-user="username" --ftp-password="password" "ftp://cloudstorage.com/folder/subfolder/Finished/*"

But I have to manually delete all files and folders from the "Finished" folder everytime after I'm done copying.

So, I just need a code that deletes anything in the "Finished" folder, so I'll run it with the same above command.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Mr.Stork said:

So I use colab to copy files from my FTP server to my drive using this code (i've 

import os
os.chdir("/content/drive/Shareddrives/HAHSCollage/")
!wget -c -m --ftp-user="username" --ftp-password="password" "ftp://cloudstorage.com/folder/subfolder/Finished/*"

But I have to manually delete all files and folders from the "Finished" folder everytime after I'm done copying.

So, I just need a code that deletes anything in the "Finished" folder, so I'll run it with the same above command.

Thanks.

You can use FTPLib and its delete method.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

34 minutes ago, igormp said:

You can use FTPLib and its delete method.

I don't want to delete a specific file as you linked, I want to delete anything and all files or folders in the "Finished" folder recursively. I don't want to have to know all the filenames, what I want to do is equavalent to "Ctrl+A" then pressing "Delete".

image.thumb.png.a6259ad71c97f364680412553aa81170.png

You first need to get a directory listing of the folder you want to delete use FTP.mlsd() method.

Then loop through the list  of files, pass the filename to  FTP.delete() method if it is a file or if it is a directory call FTP.rmd() method

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10042838/delete-all-files-and-folders-after-connecting-to-ftp

14 hours ago, C2dan88 said:

Then loop through the list of files, pass the filename to FTP.delete() method if it is a file or if it is a directory call FTP.rmd() method

Thanks I found the 2nd answer to be useful, although it deletes the entire folder. So, I just used "ftp.mkd" command to make it again.