not very useful to install fan under GPU,at the bottom of the case

frozensun

So I installed a fan at the bottom of the case,thinking I could cool down this heater of the GPU.

The fan has high airflow ( CM sickleflow) but the benefit was only 1-2 C lower GPU temp.

So for anyone thinking that it would be useful,please don't,there is no purpose doing this.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

I have two 140mm fans feeding my GPU and they def make a difference. But then I have a silverstone RL08 which was made for it. Post a picture of your computer maybe someone can suggest there is something else you can do?

5 minutes ago, Mling said:

I have two 140mm fans feeding my GPU and they def make a difference. But then I have a silverstone RL08 which was made for it. Post a picture of your computer maybe someone can suggest there is something else you can do?

Well maybe in your case it makes a difference.

I just installed one 120mm fan,don't have clearence for 2 fans at all.
How much lower you got the temp with it?

Ambient air temp matters too.
In my room it's currently 26 C.
I dunn now should I leave it,or remove it..

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

the usefullness of these bottom mounted fans vary wildly per case design.

sometimes they just push air into the PSU shroud, sometimes they actually help airflow through the system. Really depends on your case, and the fan configuration you're running. 

you cannot just say that it isn't usefull just because in your specific use case the difference was negligible. 

13 minutes ago, frozensun said:

yea you got to take a holistic approach to things. If I were you I would remove it and try something else. what make & model GPU do you have? I once had a blower style GPU and I dropped its temps by 10C by putting a fan adapter and a high RPM 120mm fan onto the blower. Maybe you could also look at increasing, or even decreasing, exhaust fan RPM.

i have 2 fans pointing directly at the "bottom" of my GPU and i have never seen it go over 60c.

I say "bottom" because my case is a horizontal mount for the motherboard.

though it might have more to do with the fact that the volume of air in my case is replaced entirely every 2.5 seconds with the stupid number of fans i have

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

46 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Yes meet us halfway post a (good) picture, a case name...

I'm willing to swim against the current.

-> Moved to Cooling

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, frozensun said:

So I installed a fan at the bottom of the case,thinking I could cool down this heater of the GPU.

The fan has high airflow ( CM sickleflow) but the benefit was only 1-2 C lower GPU temp.

So for anyone thinking that it would be useful,please don't,there is no purpose doing this.

Is this at idle, under load?  Does this fan have room to intake air? Either way 1-2 C is still something. It's like saving weight from a car. It all adds up.

"but the benefit was only 1-2 C lower GPU temp."  "there is no purpose doing this."

image.png.2cbbf42d41a03cf2cdc38a24d8febf0c.png

4 minutes ago, NorKris said:

"but the benefit was only 1-2 C lower GPU temp."  "there is no purpose doing this."

image.png.2cbbf42d41a03cf2cdc38a24d8febf0c.png

What now?

Just now, frozensun said:

What now?

ur contradicting urself 😛 
Lets say a guy has a GPU at 99c. and by reading ur advice: 2c down from 99c is "
there is no purpose doing this."

if 2c better temps has a purpose is up to each person  🙂   is ur GPUs 50c? 2c might not do much.
80c? 90? 100? 

14 minutes ago, NorKris said:

ur contradicting urself 😛 
Lets say a guy has a GPU at 99c. and by reading ur advice: 2c down from 99c is "
there is no purpose doing this."

if 2c better temps has a purpose is up to each person  🙂   is ur GPUs 50c? 2c might not do much.
80c? 90? 100? 

82 C...lowered to 80.

Makes no difference to my daughter (gpu).

She is burning either way.

17 minutes ago, frozensun said:

82 C...lowered to 80.

you said you have a filter on it right? try removing the filter then see temps. still would be nice to know what gpu it is... and case its in.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

30 minutes ago, frozensun said:

82 C...lowered to 80.

add a fan to her then ? 80c is better than 80 xD would i add a CM sickle? prob not. P12 or P12 ARGB  yeeah 

I added some fan (120mm),wth...this one I have spare it's from Silverstone though dunno what specs are...

Doesn't seem to me that has high air flow.

I can't purchase here fans,it's like finding a needle in a stack.

We here have IT stores and you would laugh if you would see what kind of fans they offer.

I have that one,BeQuiet Pure Wings 2 (which suck) and spare fan of Arctic F14 and found one fan dunno how did it get in my room,it's from some brand Aerocool.

20210808_183751.jpg