Ram not running at XMP speeds

Nobaris

Specs: R5 5600x, b550 aorus pro ac, F4-3200C16D-GTZR 2x8Gb G.skill ram

Full story: Old build had been running fine, r5 3600 and b450 tomahawk max, same ram sticks. But then my mobo died, so I decided hey why not upgrade my cpu as well while im on it. 

Upgrade went relatively well, only hiccup was that the store i bought the cpu and mobo from lied to me and falsely told me that they were compatible out of the box (they werent). Gave me a small shock when it didnt post but at the end of the day a quick bios flash and I was done. 

Now that the pc is up and running i decided to do the usual in bios. adjust fan curves, enable pbo, set xmp profile, etc. But when I logged into desktop I realised after checking cpuz, hwinfo, aida64, task manager, etc. that my ram was running at 2133mhz. initially i thought i did not save the setting properly so i went back to bios and checked, but everything was right. 

Things I have tried: Clearing CMOS, setting manual voltage value, setting manual frequency, setting manual timings, nothing.

Eventually i contacted gigabyte themselves and they told me that the ram i had was apparently only intel compatible, and that the fact that i even posted was a miracle in itself. They then told me that I had to buy an "AMD compatible" set of ram in order for xmp to work. Thing is, the very same sticks were running in my previous amd motherboard and cpu just fine, xmp enabled and all. I could even oc it to 3600cl16. are they just fooling me and pushing the blame off their products to another component? 

I need all the help I can get, and I am willing to try everything to get my ram running at rated speeds. Am I missing something obvious here? i really do need some help. 

Does cpuz say 2133mhz or 1066mhz?

Cause if cpuz is saying 2133mhz then your ram is actually running at 4266 cause cpuz measures half ram speed aka something to do with ddr

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Does cpuz say 2133mhz or 1066mhz?

Cause if cpuz is saying 2133mhz then your ram is actually running at 4266 cause cpuz measures half ram speed aka something to do with ddr

it says 1066mhz. 

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ok now that is a problem

Maybe update your bios or rollback your bios

Bios is updated to the latest. Also i cannot rollback since if I do the build will not post

Just now, Nobaris said:

Bios is updated to the latest. Also i cannot rollback since if I do the build will not post

Maybe try reseating the ram?

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Maybe try reseating the ram?

Have tried that already multiple times, unfortunately

4 minutes ago, Nobaris said:

Have tried that already multiple times, unfortunately

At this point im just confused

Try spraying the ram sockets with 99% isopropyl alcohol and wiping the contacts of the rams with it

Youll wanna find a jug or bottle of 99% isopropyl alcohol and pour some into a spray bottle, and i dont think those isopropyl alcohol spray bottles used for disinfecting your hands are gonna work

And yes ive done this to my board when it was destabilizing and ram erroring and after 2 tries it stopped destabilising

You do wanna leave it alone for 24h and if you can cover it with something so dust doesnt get back into the ram slots

I have weird issue with my Trident RAM that when my PC gets power randomly cut from it, like a power outage; It won't boot at its rated speed until I take my RAM out of slots A1 and A2 and put them into B1 and B2 or visa versa. Its weird.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage