what games can I play

Surestgarlic2

Older games and shooters probably, don't have a list of exact games but that PC (even after upgrade) is not going to play much.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

1 minute ago, Dedayog said:

Older games and shooters probably, don't have a list of exact games but that PC (even after upgrade) is not going to play much.

will it play fortnite better than my laptop with Radeon mobility hd 5770 and dual core i5

Just now, Caroline said:

what does 'medium setting' even means? the medium settings for crysis or alien:isolation aren't the same as the medium settings for call of duty 3

I just want to get a playable experience without potato graphics like Fortnite on medium/high settings

13 minutes ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

I have a old pc I'm going to upgrade and these specs are almost the same as the pc will be after the upgrade I want to know what games you can play on this pc at at least 30-45 fps medium setting

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fMTTK3

if you expect to play at around 30 fps it would not be smart to buy a monitor for 75 hz.

1 minute ago, Meintfeenstra said:

if you expect to play at around 30 fps it would not be smart to buy a monitor for 75 hz.

i plan on using the monitor for when I can afford to build a pc

Minecraft? That's not a powerful system, and that's coming from someone who still runs systems that old on a daily basis. Lightweight games are your best bet, and even then you'll want to turn the settings down. Or you could look into game streaming - that's a good option for older systems. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

8 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

Minecraft? That's not a powerful system, and that's coming from someone who still runs systems that old on a daily basis. Lightweight games are your best bet, and even then you'll want to turn the settings down. Or you could look into game streaming - that's a good option for older systems. 

my lower spec laptop gets 45 fps Fortnite medium settings overclocked gpu. with the gt 1030 installed in this pc could I get 60fps Fortnite

15 minutes ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

my lower spec laptop gets 45 fps Fortnite medium settings overclocked gpu. with the gt 1030 installed in this pc could I get 60fps Fortnite

I personally doubt it.  Yes, the 1030 is somewhat more powerful than the HD5770(mobile) from the laptop you describe, but the main factor here would be the CPU and that older DDR2 RAM of which you only have 4GB of.  Without truly knowing the full specs of the laptop you consider having "lower specs" and compare your "older low-end PC" to, we can't give you a more "accurate guesstimate" of what your performances would be, and which game would truly be playable.

27 minutes ago, ZePat said:

I personally doubt it.  Yes, the 1030 is somewhat more powerful than the HD5770(mobile) from the laptop you describe, but the main factor here would be the CPU and that older DDR2 RAM of which you only have 4GB of.  Without truly knowing the full specs of the laptop you consider having "lower specs" and compare your "older low-end PC" to, we can't give you a more "accurate guesstimate" of what your performances would be, and which game would truly be playable.

the laptop is a iBuyPower cz-11 laptop, and the desktop is a dell studio 540

10 minutes ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

the laptop is a iBuyPower cz-11 laptop, and the desktop is a dell studio 540

Sadly - I do think, despite being a weak, older gen laptop.... it is still a better choice than your Dell Studio PC.  The Dell Studio has a weaker single-thread CPU, weaker and slower DDR2 RAM... so.  

If you had the GT 1030 paired in a system with the laptop's CPU and RAM, it'd probably get you a little more range, but either way - the best you can get, is sadly the performance you currently have on the laptop.  Either systems won't run anything more demanding than Fortnite, which I suspect you run at low or very low settings to get the best possible FPS - right?  Minecraft - yes - but you'll also have to lower your expectations / settings.  Other than that... you can skip playing Cyberpunk for sure.😜

Anything up to around 2012 should run fine. And by that I mean 1080p, medium settings (on average), and 60fps for the most part.

I used to rock a Core 2 Duo E7300 with a GTS 250 1GB (originally 9600 GSO 768MB) from 2009 to 2017, so I speak from experience.

If you want Skyrim or Fallout 3 or New Vegas - you can play them.

If you want Call of Duty, you should be able to play anything between the first game and Black Ops 2.

Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Crysis 2 should work fine too, although don't be surprised if Crysis stutters a lot (it stuttered on my new system, and it's an R5 3600, 5700XT build; it's just poorly optimized).

The first three Far Cry games (the third one on low though; and it will probably still stutter).

If you want to go competitive, LoL should be playable. You can do StarCraft 2 if you want competitive RTS. TF2 with some mods to remove the new effects should work fine.

The Batman Arkham series excluding Arkham Knight.

The Mass Effect trilogy.

Rage, the Bioshock series, Bulletstorm, Homefront, the Stalker series...

Telltale games' early entries.

And these are just off the top of my head.

If you're looking for recently released games, something undemanding, like modern classic shooters: Dusk, Amid Evil, Ion Maiden, Wrath: Aeon of Ruin... seeing as they were made in old engines.

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to run Fortnite very well. Not because of the GPU, the GPU is fine for a competitive game imo, but the CPU is a bottleneck. Take this part of my opinion with a grain of salt however, because I'm not familiar with either the 1030 or Fortnite; I'm just saying what I've heard from places like Tech Deals: it's a budget card, but I believe he did recommend it for competitive or casual games like LoL or Rocket League or Minecraft. I assume Fortnite shouldn't be demanding, competitive titles rarely are, but, having a bigger world and more things to render than any of the titles I mentioned above, it might not run very well on that CPU.

If you are interested in older titles, there are a lot of games you can play with that system. A lot of modern classics that I wouldn't mind replaying. There are a lot of great titles from that era, probably more than enough to keep you entertained until you can get a modern system: a lot of great titles released when Core 2 Quads were relevant.

You can't play the latest releases, but if you just want to experience some of gaming's finest, there is a lot you can enjoy up to 2012, and possibly a bit later.

4 hours ago, Katarn said:

Anything up to around 2012 should run fine. And by that I mean 1080p, medium settings (on average), and 60fps for the most part.

I used to rock a Core 2 Duo E7300 with a GTS 250 1GB (originally 9600 GSO 768MB) from 2009 to 2017, so I speak from experience.

If you want Skyrim or Fallout 3 or New Vegas - you can play them.

If you want Call of Duty, you should be able to play anything between the first game and Black Ops 2.

Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Crysis 2 should work fine too, although don't be surprised if Crysis stutters a lot (it stuttered on my new system, and it's an R5 3600, 5700XT build; it's just poorly optimized).

The first three Far Cry games (the third one on low though; and it will probably still stutter).

If you want to go competitive, LoL should be playable. You can do StarCraft 2 if you want competitive RTS. TF2 with some mods to remove the new effects should work fine.

The Batman Arkham series excluding Arkham Knight.

The Mass Effect trilogy.

Rage, the Bioshock series, Bulletstorm, Homefront, the Stalker series...

Telltale games' early entries.

And these are just off the top of my head.

If you're looking for recently released games, something undemanding, like modern classic shooters: Dusk, Amid Evil, Ion Maiden, Wrath: Aeon of Ruin... seeing as they were made in old engines.

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to run Fortnite very well. Not because of the GPU, the GPU is fine for a competitive game imo, but the CPU is a bottleneck. Take this part of my opinion with a grain of salt however, because I'm not familiar with either the 1030 or Fortnite; I'm just saying what I've heard from places like Tech Deals: it's a budget card, but I believe he did recommend it for competitive or casual games like LoL or Rocket League or Minecraft. I assume Fortnite shouldn't be demanding, competitive titles rarely are, but, having a bigger world and more things to render than any of the titles I mentioned above, it might not run very well on that CPU.

If you are interested in older titles, there are a lot of games you can play with that system. A lot of modern classics that I wouldn't mind replaying. There are a lot of great titles from that era, probably more than enough to keep you entertained until you can get a modern system: a lot of great titles released when Core 2 Quads were relevant.

You can't play the latest releases, but if you just want to experience some of gaming's finest, there is a lot you can enjoy up to 2012, and possibly a bit later.

I plan on reusing the parts I buy for this system in my future build such as gt 1030 until I can get sum better and the SSD and the monitor until I can get a better one I game on dual core 4 thread i5 m 540 I believe with Radeon mobility hd 5770 will this be better since it has more cores? 

Everything that came out around 2000-2009, provided you run the correct version of windows (so XP or Vista*)  *depends a lot will run on 10, but not all of them

Thats a lot of stuff!

Spoiler

1226981422_Screenshot_20210801-234002_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.f6a52dd24a76d7d18b4fa38498e78dea.jpg40975600_Screenshot_20210801-234021_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.e8640950a57b6fcaa219e7601cc4603d.jpg1670944549_Screenshot_20210801-234028_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.5e31b29297b065d45cce8eaa454da4d6.jpg622128718_Screenshot_20210801-234038_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.2141caf01a72bd12c26ca8b053f2792c.jpg85696575_Screenshot_20210801-234100_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.a9735e1d1d16475503b136bfc7ccbea9.jpg1561513549_Screenshot_20210801-234120_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.4c4be5f08c5f34cc0285cde89f6d3d42.jpg

Some nice classix there, STALKER, HL2, ME, TR Anniversary, The Sims, Fallout 3, GTA4, L4D, Mercenaries2, SPORE, Dead Space, Kung Fu Panda (no, really that one's shit lol) + much more obviously!

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

The stalker games are all good for your specs.

Fallout 3 & New Vegas too.

On 7/31/2021 at 6:28 PM, Surestgarlic2 said:

I plan on reusing the parts I buy for this system in my future build such as gt 1030 until I can get sum better and the SSD and the monitor until I can get a better one I game on dual core 4 thread i5 m 540 I believe with Radeon mobility hd 5770 will this be better since it has more cores? 

I'm not sure I understand your question. Is this the computer you have, or is it the computer you want to build? How does it relate to the one you picked out on Partpicker? Which parts are old parts, and which of them are new parts you plan to buy?

Truth be told, I didn't know there were dual core i5 CPUs, I thought an i5 meant 4 cores (up to Coffee Lake). But core count is not that important, at least not for older games. There were times when a dual core would perform better than a quad-core because not all games utilized all cores. So a dual core with better single-core speeds would perform better in some games; I believe Fallout 3 and New Vegas were one such example.

Anyway, according to Partpicker that CPU is around $50, which should be the same price for an old Ryzen 5 or maybe a Ryzen 3. Why not go for one of those instead? A Ryzen 3 would complement the 1030 well.

I think the most important questions here would be:

1) what is your budget?

2) what are the limitations you are facing for your build?

3) is it specifically a Fortnite machine, or are you interested in other games as well? If so, which?

2 hours ago, Katarn said:

I'm not sure I understand your question. Is this the computer you have, or is it the computer you want to build? How does it relate to the one you picked out on Partpicker? Which parts are old parts, and which of them are new parts you plan to buy?

Truth be told, I didn't know there were dual core i5 CPUs, I thought an i5 meant 4 cores (up to Coffee Lake). But core count is not that important, at least not for older games. There were times when a dual core would perform better than a quad-core because not all games utilized all cores. So a dual core with better single-core speeds would perform better in some games; I believe Fallout 3 and New Vegas were one such example.

Anyway, according to Partpicker that CPU is around $50, which should be the same price for an old Ryzen 5 or maybe a Ryzen 3. Why not go for one of those instead? A Ryzen 3 would complement the 1030 well.

I think the most important questions here would be:

1) what is your budget?

2) what are the limitations you are facing for your build?

3) is it specifically a Fortnite machine, or are you interested in other games as well? If so, which?

I was gonna upgrade my current pc by adding more ram and a gt 1030 and all the other parts matched my current pc but I changed my mind and I'm not gonna upgrade this one I'm gonna buy a new one

17 hours ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

I was gonna upgrade my current pc by adding more ram and a gt 1030 and all the other parts matched my current pc but I changed my mind and I'm not gonna upgrade this one I'm gonna buy a new one

I think that's a good idea. If you want to play modern games, it is best that you get a modern system. Hell, even if you're not into brand-new titles, a modern system is more likely to be better value than buying old parts.

Do you have any particular builds in mind?

3 hours ago, Katarn said:

I think that's a good idea. If you want to play modern games, it is best that you get a modern system. Hell, even if you're not into brand-new titles, a modern system is more likely to be better value than buying old parts.

Do you have any particular builds in mind?

Idk I just want to be able to play fort it's fallout 3 era games that kind of stuff and modern games but my budget is around $500usd