I want to make my ssd set to drive 0 for clean instalation

Slimshayan
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

Drive numbers are determined by how they are physically connected to the board, you cannot change it without physically moving the drives. (Technically, it depends on the order in which drives are enumerated by windows, but generally that's in turn dependant on the which connector they're on)

That said, why do you want it to be drive 0? It doesn't affect how Windows installs or operates, and won't be visible to you outside of drive management interfaces.

Keep it in mind it's a laptop, and i don't want to open it up and remove hdd since it's brand new

Is there any way? 

My laptop is lenovo legion 5

IMG_20210729_181548~2.jpg

Drive numbers are determined by how they are physically connected to the board, you cannot change it without physically moving the drives. (Technically, it depends on the order in which drives are enumerated by windows, but generally that's in turn dependant on the which connector they're on)

That said, why do you want it to be drive 0? It doesn't affect how Windows installs or operates, and won't be visible to you outside of drive management interfaces.

8 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

ssd was disk 0 before clean instalation, and i want it to be disk 0 because recovery partition will go to drive 0, and my laptop might slow down because of that 

I am fairly sure ssd was drive 0 before installing 

3 minutes ago, Slimshayan said:

ssd was disk 0 before clean instalation, and i want it to be disk 0 because recovery partition will go to drive 0, and my laptop might slow down because of that 

I recommend opening it and removing a drive anyways. I hate when windows installs boot sectors on drives it's not supposed to, and even though, it's a rare problem, you don't have to worry about it if you remove your secondary drive and install windows while it's not connected.

Sometimes in the BIOS you can disable SATA or M.2 ports, but if your laptop's BIOS doesn't offer that, the only option is to physically disconnect it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Slimshayan said:

Id just unplug the other drive when installing. THats the easy way to make sure its the only drive during the install.

28 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Is it okay this way? Ssd is still disk 1 but all windows partition are on ssd, should i be worried? 

IMG_20210729_185821~2.jpg

Just now, Slimshayan said:

Is it okay this way? Ssd is still disk 1 but all windows partition are on ssd, should i be worried? 

IMG_20210729_185821~2.jpg

That's how it's meant to work. Windows recovery and EFI partitions get put on the disk selected to install windows with, not to drive 0. That's fine.

Here, my OS is on disk 3, works fine. 

image.thumb.png.8a2ce66cca8e8e0829caae99b6a2dfe7.png

8 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

That's how it's meant to work. Windows recovery and EFI partitions get put on the disk selected to install windows with, not to drive 0. That's fine.

Here, my OS is on disk 3, works fine. 

image.thumb.png.8a2ce66cca8e8e0829caae99b6a2dfe7.png

Thank you so much, I was just confused, idk why Microsoft won't let you solve problems like these 

Anyway thanks for your time