Windows Security finding 1 Threat (with action taken) but shows nothing in Protection History

Hi all,

I built the computer about 2 weeks ago but the error started about 12 hours ago.

Just as the topic says, Windows Security is saying that a threat was found and action was taken, but nothing is showing up in Protection History.

I checked the Event Viewer to see if any viruses or malware was found and sure enough, nothing.

I've also done a few follow up quick scans and found nothing.

Some googling points to it being a bug with windows defender and I've done the following solutions suggested by others but nothing has worked so far:

1. Turn on Controlled Folder Access
    • No effect.
  2. Uninstall Intel Driver & Support Assistant
    • I don't have this program. The only Intel devices I have are a Bluetooth and Wifi adapter that came with my B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi mobo.
  3. Uninstall Intel Computing Improvement Program
    • Don't have this program either.

I tried reinstalling the aforementioned Intel drivers but that didn't seem to help either.

I'm running an AMD 5800x. Is it possible AMD has a Intel equivalent to these programs that's causing this issue?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Edit: Not sure if this'll help or not, but the last thing I installed before this appeared was VMware Workstation 16 Player and created 3 virtual machines for linux (Ubuntu 64-bit, Pop!_OS and BunsenLab's Lithium).

Dont worry about it

Just to be safe i suggest making system restores regularly, having an external hdd as a backup, and if youd like you can also use cloud services for another layer of backup

With these backups antivirus is basically useless, though if you do have a decent spec system just run one anyways so you dont need to use the backups all the time

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Dont worry about it

Just to be safe i suggest making system restores regularly, having an external hdd as a backup, and if youd like you can also use cloud services for another layer of backup

With these backups antivirus is basically useless, though if you do have a decent spec system just run one anyways so you dont need to use the backups all the time

Will do. Just did a system restore. Probably going to do once a week at least.

Could this be a sign of something failing? Or just have backups to be on the safe side?

I have a 1TB WD Black NVME SSD as my main storage and a 2TB Crucial SSD as my secondary (primarily for work, games and the like).

You can see the full build here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nmxkYg

The VMs are installed on my main.

8 minutes ago, landoGai said:

Could this be a sign of something failing? Or just have backups to be on the safe side?

Prob not

Might aswell to protect your data incase anything fails

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Prob not

Might aswell to protect your data incase anything fails

This is very true. Thanks!

Unrelated: Do you have any recommendations on good secondary anti-virus/malware scanners?

I used to use MalwareBytes as a secondary scanner (for when things like this show up) but idk if they're the gold standard anymore.