My old 1080p TV shows weird colors and lower image quality

NidaleNieve
Go to solution Solved by NidaleNieve,
23 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

😕  new TVs are nicer than  the old ones though 🤗

I just fixed it by enabling PC mode!

My Philips 3000 series LCD TV 42PFL3007T, has ben showing weird colors and bat image quality when I input anything on HDMI 1 and HDMI 2.

But when I use the HDMI Side channel, It shows the image perfecly. This is really annoying because when I want to use the console I have to unplug the Apple Tv and plugin the playstation.

Is this a hardware issue or can I fix this within the settings of my Tv? Any help would be appreciated.

(The first image shows the HDMI 1 channel and the second one the HDMI Side channel)

IMG_20210727_173126.jpg

IMG_20210727_173051.jpg

Affected image shows less green, a moiré pattern, and differences in some sharpness or aliasing type feature. Looks like some filter code or other isn’t working, or some sharpening thing got turned on.  The color shift doesn’t necessarily follow that though. My first move would likely be a “have you turned it off and on” check, which would probably mean actually pulling the cord, but it might just mean you lose the side channel.  too. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Affected image shows less green, a moiré pattern, and differences in some sharpness or aliasing type feature. Looks like some filter code or other isn’t working, or some sharpening thing got turned on.  The color shift doesn’t necessarily follow that though. My first move would likely be a “have you turned it off and on” check, which would probably mean actually pulling the cord, but it might just mean you lose the side channel.  too. 

I already did that, multiple times

4 minutes ago, NidaleNieve said:

I already did that, multiple times

Crud.  Good news is the side channel is stable from acting like the other due to power down.  Bad news is I got nothing else 😕

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Crud.  Good news is the side channel is stable from acting like the other due to power down.  Bad news is I got nothing else 😕

I just factory reset my TV and now all channels Including HDMI Side are like this, that basically proofs that it is all software but now I cant watch TV in good quality 😕

2 minutes ago, NidaleNieve said:

I just factory reset my TV and now all channels Including HDMI Side are like this, that basically proofs that it is all software but now I cant watch TV in good quality 😕

23 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I just fixed it by enabling PC mode!