CPU 2 is not showing in task manager

Go to solution Solved by SierraLimaKilo,
10 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

Not running a consumer version of Windows (notably Windows 10 Home) by any chance?

Yup I'm running Windows 10 Home. Did some more research. Turns out you need Windows 10 pro for duel CPUs. I will be switching to Ubuntu because it supports 2 CPUs and I don't want to pay for Windows 10 pro. 

Ok I just installed another CPU (x5650) in my Dell R510 and windows task manager is only reading the first CPU (another x5650). All 24 threads of both CPUs are showing up in Device Manager and I have already set the number of processors to 12 in System Configuration. Please Help!!!  

Does it not give you the option to view NUMA nodes when you right click on the graph?

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

1 minute ago, trag1c said:

Does it not give you the option to view NUMA nodes when you right click on the graph?

No.

Did you add ram for the second CPU or just move some from the first CPU?

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

1 minute ago, Slayerking92 said:

Did you add ram for the second CPU or just move some from the first CPU?

I added more RAM to CPU 2 yes

10 minutes ago, SerriaLimaKilo said:

I added more RAM to CPU 2 yes

https://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_poweredge/poweredge-r510_owner's manual_en-us.pdf

The manual states that the memory config needs to be identical for each CPU.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

17 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

Ok I fallowed the manual and I have the RAM configured correctly. I noticed a message upon boot saying System memory is not matching but now that I have the correct config the message is gone but I'm still unable to see CPU 2 in task manager

Not running a consumer version of Windows (notably Windows 10 Home) by any chance?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

10 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

Yup I'm running Windows 10 Home. Did some more research. Turns out you need Windows 10 pro for duel CPUs. I will be switching to Ubuntu because it supports 2 CPUs and I don't want to pay for Windows 10 pro. 

Edited by SerriaLimaKilo
Spelling

1 hour ago, SerriaLimaKilo said:

Yep, that’s how they get you. No home version of Windows ever supported more than 1 physical CPU and never will. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro