Do all pc coolers come with fans? If not could you list some ones that don't? thanks (:

DppressedDuck
Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,
7 minutes ago, DppressedDuck said:

I know exactly what you mean, but i was hoping to put my own fans so that all the fans in the pc system are the same. Its more of an aesthetic choice than a practical one.

Yes, don't use the ones that came with the cooler and use your own fans

Keep the original fans in the box '-'

But you have to pay attention because some coolers don't use standard fan sizes/mounts

Albeit I've seen some coolers that use non-standard fan provides mount for standard dimension fans

Though, nothing a ziptie can't fix

I was hoping to put my own fans into a cpu cooler and I'm not sure where to start in trying to search for one that doesn't come with any. What im trying to say is that you know when you buy a cpu cooler for example Asus ROG strix 360, it comes with its own fans. i was hoping to buy one without those fans instead of putting the ones it comes with aside. Its more of an aesthetic choice than a practical one.

Edited by DppressedDuck

15 minutes ago, DppressedDuck said:

I was hoping to put my own fans into a cpu cooler and I'm not sure where to start in trying to search for one that doesn't come with any.

why not just buy a cooler and not use the fans?

coolers that doesnt come with fan doesnt expect you to put one onto it, so the efficiency with a fan strapped on to it might not be great

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Le Grand Macho has no fan and can handle a  90w passive load. Good luck finding that though. You can get the Le Grand Macho RT which is the same thing and comes with a fan you don’t have to use.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

59 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Lots of rack mount server's use fanless coolers but rely on case airflow. BUT you probably don't want to go that route. 

there case fans are also loud af... but makes you wonder if the tower coolers we have now work or ripping us off. i have a x56 dell t5500 and it has a tower cooler the size of an 80mm fan... and no fan on it, then we buy tower coolers with 120mm fans like the thermlright ultra 120 exstream and it cools the same...

Dell Precision T3500 T5500 Heatsink MPN U016F Compeve Compenet Dell  Precision T3500 T5500 Heatsink MPN U016F [U016F] - $74.10 : Professional  Multi Monitor Workstations, Graphics Card Experts

Thermalright Preps Ultra 120 eXtreme with LGA 1366 Socket Compatibility |  TechPowerUp

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

18 hours ago, Moonzy said:

why not just buy a cooler and not use the fans?

coolers that doesnt come with fan doesnt expect you to put one onto it, so the efficiency with a fan strapped on to it might not be great

I know exactly what you mean, but i was hoping to put my own fans so that all the fans in the pc system are the same. Its more of an aesthetic choice than a practical one.

7 minutes ago, DppressedDuck said:

Yes, don't use the ones that came with the cooler and use your own fans

Keep the original fans in the box '-'

But you have to pay attention because some coolers don't use standard fan sizes/mounts

Albeit I've seen some coolers that use non-standard fan provides mount for standard dimension fans

Though, nothing a ziptie can't fix

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 hours ago, DppressedDuck said:

This is what I did - the Deepcool Gammaxx 400 v2 fan had a blue LED that I couldn't turn off at all & was pretty noisy at medium-high rpm, so I cable-tied a fan onto it which matched my front 3 fans. Same performance at idle, with more rpm to spare at higher temps, but it's also much quieter. I had to cable tie it because it was thicker than standard fans & had no grooves around it for the clips.

Old...

IMG_1062.thumb.jpeg.5f16ed7417fe6c6ddbc31ab0f7906742.jpeg

New...

IMG_1697.thumb.jpeg.da938eeeb0e260f0a4be4b75fcc7194f.jpegIMG_1658.thumb.jpeg.045884cfb25b6a2a11abb4e54cf6a98f.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ralfi said:

This is what I did - the Deepcool Gammaxx 400 v2 fan had a blue LED that I couldn't turn off at all & was pretty noisy at medium-high rpm, so I cable-tied a fan onto it which matched my front 3 fans. Same performance at idle, with more rpm to spare at higher temps, but it's also much quieter. I had to cable tie it because it was thicker than standard fans & had no grooves around it for the clips.

Old...

IMG_1062.thumb.jpeg.5f16ed7417fe6c6ddbc31ab0f7906742.jpeg

New...

IMG_1697.thumb.jpeg.da938eeeb0e260f0a4be4b75fcc7194f.jpegIMG_1658.thumb.jpeg.045884cfb25b6a2a11abb4e54cf6a98f.jpeg

Thanks a lot for this, really helpful. That setup looks real clean tho. What gpu you running there?

2 minutes ago, DppressedDuck said:

Thanks a lot for this, really helpful. That setup looks real clean tho. What gpu you running there?

Thanks. It's a reference 6700 XT.

More photos/specs here fyi...

3 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

Thanks. It's a reference 6700 XT.

More photos/specs here fyi...

Wow looks like you put some real effort into this and it turned out great. Really impressed with the cable management. Do you recomend the Ryzen 5,a dn can you recommend a gpu worth getting?

32 minutes ago, DppressedDuck said:

Wow looks like you put some real effort into this and it turned out great. Really impressed with the cable management. Do you recomend the Ryzen 5,a dn can you recommend a gpu worth getting?

👍🏽 

Yeah Ryzen 5 5600x is great for games/productivity & buys you a few years worth of use.

GPU wise, I went the 6700XT as it was just released, so was able to grab the latest gen AMD card to match the CPU (& make use of System Access Memory) to achieve my goal of 1440p 144Hz gaming at High settings on a 27” monitor.

Was able to grab the GPU cheaper in a bundle with CPU/Mobo, so got it at MSRP.

But the 3070 is its equivalent for the same gaming goals, but since its MSRP where I am is ridiculously high, the 6700XT made more sense.

There are several heatsinks like that. That being said, it's not always a better deal than another cooler with fans that just happens to be on sale. 

What fans, case, cpu, and ram are you using? What features are you looking for in a cooler?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

13 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

There are several heatsinks like that. That being said, it's not always a better deal than another cooler with fans that just happens to be on sale. 

What fans, case, cpu, and ram are you using? What features are you looking for in a cooler?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Dont worry about it I've found the one I want to buy. I appreciate the reply tho