Asus Rog Strix H470-i BIOS update without a display

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
22 minutes ago, Boren said:

I found some methods where a usb port was tagged as "flashback" with a flashback button and a led light so you can update BIOS without a display, but on this MB I haven't found yet.

Unfortunately BIOS flashback is not a feature in this motherboard, and you will require a display to update this system

Hi!

Can someone help me updating BIOS on H470-i MB without a display?

I found some methods where a usb port was tagged as "flashback" with a flashback button and a led light so you can update BIOS without a display, but on this MB I haven't found yet.

Are there any other ways to solve this problem? I have to update the BIOS because of an 11th gen intel CPU.

Thanks,

Boren

image.png.76b3749308a817df534ccc8a36badaab.png

image.png.7965e3c5b6069858c437b4833df55a26.png

22 minutes ago, Boren said:

Unfortunately BIOS flashback is not a feature in this motherboard, and you will require a display to update this system

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Thanks for your reply, eventhough its not a good news its good to know that!

• 2 months later...

I have the exact same problem, so is there no way to upgrade my bios? How can I use this computer?

I bought an i7 11700K and sold my i7 10700K.

I didn't know that I had to upgrade my bios before, so what can I do?

3 hours ago, kleajmp said:

I have the exact same problem, so is there no way to upgrade my bios? How can I use this computer?

I bought an i7 11700K and sold my i7 10700K.

I didn't know that I had to upgrade my bios before, so what can I do?

the only thing that will allow you to update the BIOS of your motherboard, if it lacks a BIOS flash button, is a compatible CPU. In your case, you will require a 10th gen CPU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 hours ago, kleajmp said:

I have the exact same problem

With the exact same motherboard?

3 hours ago, --SID-- said:

With the exact same motherboard?

yes exactly the same. ok arrrgh I whished it had the FlashBack function. But ok, that means finding a 10th gen, thanks for the info!

you can probably find one of the low end celeron/pentium chips like the G5900 or G6400 for dirt cheap.