Files disappearing on External SSD when being used on different computer

Ianchu

So I save files and edit projects on an SSD so I can work from home easier and when I have been using the SSD on either my laptop or my main PC and then I need to plug it into the other PC the files that had just added or the project I have been working on seem to not show up on the PC, but if I plug it back into the PC it was plugged into before the files are still there. This has been a massive headache and I have not been able to find a solution myself and I have never encountered something like this before. For information the Laptop is a Razer Blade 15 and the Desktop PC is a Dell workstation. Both are running windows 10.

Are the files hidden or encrypted by the SSD itself? It's possible that your laptop's USB port may not be providing enough power for the SSD.

You could also try using a different cable if you have one. Make sure to safely eject the drive too.

When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

5 minutes ago, Quackwich said:

Are the files hidden or encrypted by the SSD itself? It's possible that your laptop's USB port may not be providing enough power for the SSD.

You could also try using a different cable if you have one. Make sure to safely eject the drive too.

The files aren't hidden or encrypted, I tried different ports/cables but no dice unfortunately. Normally I would be able to just run into the office to try it on that PC again but I am Work From Home  today.