Cpu help.

Hello, I’m new here and I need some help, so my cpu recently gave out. I had a Ryzen 7 3800x paired with a gtx 1660. I need help knowing which cpu to get to pair with my gpu cause I know that I paired it wrong lol. I was thinking Ryzen 5 3600 but other sites say different and idk what to do.

I'd say a 3600 or 3700 would be a pretty decent match. a 5600x could work too if u wanna have some extra room to upgrade ur GPU in the future.

37 minutes ago, GaryBlueBerry1 said:

Hello, I’m new here and I need some help, so my cpu recently gave out. I had a Ryzen 7 3800x paired with a gtx 1660. I need help knowing which cpu to get to pair with my gpu cause I know that I paired it wrong lol. I was thinking Ryzen 5 3600 but other sites say different and idk what to do.

CPU failure is extremely rare, My Pentium G3220 still works just as it did 7 years ago. Are you sure it`s the CPU and not anything else?

What makes you think you paired it wrong? 3800X isn't really worth it over something like a 3700X, but I'd still generally recommend going with an 8 core part at this point. While a six core 3600 or 5600X is good enough for most games *now*, I would anticipate that changing very soon, now that the next gen consoles have gone 8 core. Virtually any cross platform title coming out in the future is going to want 8 cores minimum for best performance.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, WickedThunder86 said:

CPU failure is extremely rare, My Pentium G3220 still works just as it did 7 years ago. Are you sure it`s the CPU and not anything else?

I wonder sometimes if people just go with "cpu broke" so people won't try to talk them out of an upgrade

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

36 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

I’m sure, I took out all the ram, restated then in different orders, it would not pass the cpu light on my motherboard then shutoff and turn back on. I also tried a different t power supply just in case and still same result, took out the cpu and put it back in. One day I was switching from air cooling to liquid and the cpu ripped out of the socket and the pins were bent, my friend helped me bend them back tho so it worked for a while but since then it’s been giving me problems.